|Job Type:||Part Time|
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals, and we are currently seeking a Director of Internal Communications.
We have an exciting ‘greenfields’ opportunity for an experienced internal communicator and senior leader to build and scale an internal communications function for our fast-growing company. Nearmap has more than 320 employees globally, nearly double our employee count just a year ago - and our growth will continue on a similar trajectory. Initially the role will be a “team of one” - as such you should be comfortable operating strategically as well as getting in the tactical weeds. You will be responsible for helping our Nearmappers to stay informed, feel connected and engaged, and share a sense of purpose through exceptional internal communications and events. Your role will be critical in scaling our culture and values as we continue to grow. Your goal will be to increase employee engagement, develop our company-wide internal communication framework, develop and manage our communications channels, and connect our company strategy and narrative to Nearmap-wide initiatives. This is a hands-on, high-profile role. While you will report to the Chief People Officer, you will also partner with the CEO, Executive team, as well as other function and geographic leads.
You should have previous expoan extraordinary ear for language and tone, be attuned to identifying moments of storytelling and moments of concision, and a business-focused style that resonates with a diverse team. We’re looking for a candidate who can fluidly understand tech and SAAS industry terms and communicate using universally understood language; a bridge between the tech and non-tech worlds. You will be instrumental in helping to ensure Nearmap’s strategy is effectively communicated to our people and aligned across the organisation and will be opinionated about driving communications programs and channels to support strong alignment and engagement.
A bit more about the culture
At Nearmap, every opinion matters. Our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
What you will do
- Designing and executing a creative internal communications program that aligns our growing, global organization around our mission, strategy and core business objectives.
- Partnering with the CPO and CEO to produce our company all-hands, Q&A sessions, and annual company conferences and events.
- Managing internal communications efforts across Nearmap’s four offices in Australia and North America.
- Partnering with our executive team, leaders across the company, and our PR team to shape and deliver effective internal messaging.
- Facilitating productive feedback loops across the company, and collaborating with Nearmap leadership to promote open, two-way communication.
- Be an advocate and ‘carrier’ for Nearmap’s culture, infusing the Nearmap ‘tone’ into everything we do.
Ideal experience you will bring
- 10+ years of experience in strategic internal communications, ideally within a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Expertise in building global employee communications programs
- Demonstrated ability to build communication strategies aligned with business goals and company culture
- Success in launching communication and employee engagement initiatives that improve brand and product awareness internally and excite employees about coming to work at Nearmap
- An ability to develop relationships and work with employees at all levels, including executive leadership, quickly building confidence as a strategic communications advisor
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills developed mastered through previous internal communications roles
- A strong working knowledge of internal digital communication channels and technologies including Slack and Confluence that can inform and engage employees globally.
- Utilise metrics to measure effectiveness of communications programs. Test, track, analyse and report on relevant statistics to establish benchmarks, measure success and continuously improve.
- Experience in the production of live events (and presentation coaching) that support the company’s strategy.
- Think and act globally.
Some of our perks include
- Competitive pay, commission plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
- An allowance to help you focus on your well being
If you think you tick all the boxes and could see yourself working at Nearmap, we invite you to come and make a difference!
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8