|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's Utilities team has an enviable track record of working on some of Queensland's largest and most complex infrastructure projects. Our team of technical specialists have an established reputation in the industry for its' utilities expertise and have developed a strong pipeline of work. We are now looking at growing our team with the appointment of a 12D Designer / Senior 12D Designer to be based out of our Fortitude Valley global Head Office.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Undertaking 12D modelling, design and drafting of existing and proposed utilities for small and large scale infrastructure projects
- Completion of designs and drawings to relevant standards and methods, ensuring drafting documentation is in accordance to quality procedures
- Development of utilities input to infrastructure BIM systems
- Participate in project delivery and ensure work output is of a technically high standard and within time and cost budget allocations
- Liaising with clients if necessary to develop practical and commercial solutions to projects
- Provision of ad hoc support to other project teams including civils and highways
- Ensuring processes comply with Cardno's Quality Management system
- Commitment to application of work health and safety principals to maintain Cardno's commitment to Zero Harm
To be successful you will display:
- Advanced skills using 12D and AutoCAD software as well as other CAD packages
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination and modelling of public utilities preferable, but not essential
- Demonstrated experience in detailed design and drafting of water and sewer pipelines and/or other public utility preferable, but not essential
- Strong knowledge of engineering drawing techniques and relevant design standards
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with clients and fellow team members
- Well-developed problem solving skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, including parental leave, purchased leave and flexible working arrangements.
Cardno recognises and promotes inclusion and diversity as a key enabler to innovation and we encourage people from different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.