|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to continued increases in project work, we are looking for an experienced resource geologist to support the growth of our resource consulting, software and training business. In particular, we are looking for a self-starter who can both manage resource studies, and complete high-end resource estimation, resource review and mine reconciliation technical work across a range of commodities and geographies. You will have access to a world class mining, geology and corporate team, and a wide network of associates. In addition, you would be a vital part of the innovation team behind our industry-leading software tools, Supervisor and Reconcilor. We are looking to grow our team and bring in great people with great skills, who want to make a difference and contribute to our shared success.
As part of our team your duties will be a mix of:
- consulting engagements in resource estimation, due diligence and mine reconciliation
- project management of geological studies across a range of commodities and geographies, working with clients to agreed goals and timelines
- signing off and auditing Mineral Resources as a Competent Person
- business development to bring new projects into the business, working with clients to understand their requirements, and developing fit-for-purpose solutions
- thought-leadership through writing articles and presenting and participating at relevant conferences and contributing to our Supervisor and Reconciler development roadmap
- mentoring members of the team and delivering external training courses in resource estimation, grade control, sampling, QAQC and reconciliation
This role is based at our head office in Perth.
Naturally, you will require extensive experience and a very strong technical understanding in resource estimation and experience in mine production geology. Ideally, you will also have experience in consulting across a range of projects and commodities. You will have experience in at least one of the main general mining software packages (preferably Datamine) and be able to undertake complex resource estimates with advanced geostatistical skills. Experience with Snowden’s Supervisor software would be highly preferred, but not essential. You will have a quality reputation and network within the industry. You are a person who gains great satisfaction from delivering positive outcomes for your clients, works well in a team and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A globally recognised brand in mineral resources
- A wide variety of projects and problems to solve
- Valued input into the innovation of our industry-leading software products, Supervisor and Reconcilor.
- Flexible working arrangements to suit your lifestyle
- Competitive remuneration
Apply online now for consideration or contact Melanie Greenfield on 08 6212 9523 for further information.