|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Exciting opportunity for a relationship focused HR Partner, passionate about supporting strategy within people solutions at the University of Sydney
- Located at Camperdown/Darlington Campus
- 2 x 12 month, fixed – term positions and 1 x continuing position with remuneration of $121 000 - $128 000 base salary plus generous superannuation
About the opportunity
We have a fantastic opportunity for a relationship focused strategic HR Partner. Partnering with senior leaders, you will provide strategic advice and direction, translate strategy into operational goals, shape how HR services are provided to clients and engage with colleagues across the University to deliver service excellence and continuous improvement.
Working under the broad direction of the Associate Director, HR Partnering or Senior Manager, HR Partnering, with a high degree of autonomy, the HR Partner is responsible for the management of key relationships and HR support to senior leaders within defined portfolios. As a senior member of the Human Resources team the role will support the delivery of the University’s strategy through the portfolios they partner with and across the HR Function.
The HR Partner will take a lead role in supporting their client groups in the development of their workforce plans and ensuring the most appropriate organisational design is in place to deliver on strategy. The role takes the lead in delivering a range of HR services to clients to enable the University to achieve its strategic goals and the objectives of the Workforce Strategy and Operational Plan. The role will partner with senior leaders to develop a deep understanding of the business and to develop and maintain a deep understanding of their needs and requirements.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a HR Partner who has:
- proven experience in developing strong trusted relationships with senior leaders to deliver fit-for-purpose HR solutions
- a pro-active approach to HR best-practice and continually looks for better ways of operating
- experience working within, or an appreciation for, a COE model within a HR function, with the ability to build relationships across the HR function and take a project management approach to work activities
- expertise in talent management, driving high performance, change management, workplace relations, workforce planning and employee engagement
- successfully supported strategic decision making within a large complex organisation
- an agile solutions-orientated approach coupled with the ability to coach and empower leaders to make people decisions.
The Human Resources function provides human resource management related advice, support and services across the University. There are three parts to the HR operating model; the HR Services; HR Centres of Expertise (COE) and HR Partnering teams. There are a number of Centres of Expertise designed to provide strategic design and consultative services necessary to execute HR initiatives identified in the Strategic Plan.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to philanthropy and underpin our long-term strategy for excellence and growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7,600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 285/0220F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Sunday 23rd February 2020
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment