|Job Type:||Full Time|
Working closely alongside the Strategy and Transformation function within Optus Business, the Strategic Programs team is responsible for the design and focused execution of critical strategic initiatives, which will fundamentally transform the end to end customer value chain and drive a strong growth focus, in line with the overall business strategy. You’ll be responsible for leading one or many of these initiatives. And as such, our successful candidate will be able to lead, influence and negotiate with stakeholders and sponsors, seeking to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes for all.
Leveraging internal capabilities with external insights, you will deliver these initiatives utilising fit-for-purpose frameworks for each program. Sound experience in delivery frameworks is therefore essential. Additionally, you will also be expected to lead cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams throughout the lifecycle of these initiatives. There will also be scenarios where this role will need to deliver key artefacts, insights and deliverables themselves where critical for execution success.
It will also be a requirement that you can provide independent assurance and recommendations to ensure a high degree of quality and level of comfort that strategic initiatives will be executed and transform the business as intended, without bias, and a willingness to challenge stakeholders on how best to meet these expectations.
For you to be highly successful you are required to drive strategic and deep relationships across Optus Business, and Optus more broadly. Demonstrated experience in effectively leading transformative programs of work and cross-functional teams to deliver commercial, people and customer outcomes is of critical importance. This also entails starting up new revenue streams for Optus Business.
The successful implementation of strategic initiatives and realisation of benefits are critical KPIs that need to be achieved, alongside strong employee experience through the teams the Strategy Manager will lead. It is expected that the Strategy Manager will lead, engage, mentor and encourage an open, diverse and inclusive culture at all times.
Additionally, you will also have;
- Business degree or equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution
- Substantial relevant experience in transformation program delivery
- Experience within Agile ways of working in leading the delivery of programs, in addition to consultative and Waterfall approaches as needed
- Advanced PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and coaching ability with a track record in delivering strong employee experience
- A self-starter with an ability to adapt to a dynamic, ever-changing and ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the ability to work with stakeholders across different functions, colleagues at all levels, and with partners
- Demonstrated ability work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt easily to frequent change
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!