|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Domain Architect leads and facilitates the project design activities to the level required to ensure the quality of the entire solution. This requires closely working with the Project Stakeholders – Domain Leads, Product Owners, IT and Delivery Teams in an agile environment.
Digital focused on the customer & channel engagement, with a differentiating experience – includes all aspects of web, mobile, app & API channels. CRM & call centre, and aspects of offers & marketing are also within the scope of this domain.
You define and propose appropriate solution options based on the business needs, current state and target state. You design and estimate for business ideas in line with design principles set by the Enterprise Architect. You assist the Domain/Tribe & Enterprise Architects to deliver domain road maps, high-level designs and estimates and if necessary, you propose new principles to the Enterprise Architect.
You have solid experience working in architecture teams delivering application and/or solution architectures.
What are you going to do?
- Defining, proposing and evolving appropriate solution options and end-to-end solution architectures for solutions development across the business domains and across applications based on the business needs, current state and target state
- Collaborating with IT Operations, IT Security & Risk departments to ensure the delivery of sustainable solution design that meets the requirements
- Collaborating with Application/Platform Architects & Process Architects on the selection of appropriate design patterns – working as team/closely with all architects
- Taking the ownership of solution design and verifying post implementation
- Being proactive in developing, improving and promoting ‘Best Practices’ and providing training to developers on best practice design techniques to ensure highly efficient, reusable, consistent, stable, secure and easily maintainable solutions.
- Presenting & providing knowledge transfer on solution architectures, roadmaps and new technologies.
- Providing recommendations on - performance, stability and security consideration
- Researching and recommending changes to the solution architectures as technology evolves and that solutions are aligned with EA Strategy and IT Roadmaps – leading the roadmap development within a particular domain
- Documenting solution architecture strategies, best practices, design patterns, object modelling approaches and standards
What are we looking for? Someone who has…
- Demonstrated experience in delivering mission critical enterprise solutions in an IT Architecture/Design role in the financial services area.
- Sound understanding of architecture frameworks and Business / Capability Architecture practices
- Experience with server-side application architecture design patterns, web technologies and design patterns (Responsive Web, Adaptive Web), Mobile Technologies, Open Source Frameworks, Micro services and Event oriented design patterns.
- Sound knowledge of Infrastructure components and Architecture (Compute, Network, Storage), Virtualisation Technologies (e.g. HyperV, VMWare etc.) utilising Java, & Microsoft development environments
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture patterns including SOAP and REST based implementation patterns
- Knowledge of non-functional aspects of IT Architecture (Performance, Resilience, Availability, Security etc.)
- Demonstrated experience to design and implement software components in engagement with business stakeholders (non-IT) and ability to liaise with a broad range of people, including line management, senior management, external suppliers etc
- Outstanding communication (written / verbal) & presentation skills to be well developed and of a professional standard
- Ability to operate at own initiative with a pro-active attitude, within the directions and confines of management and Bank policy
- Problem solving ability and strong analytical skills
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead and with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)