|Job Type:||Full Time|
Urban Utilities Infrastructure Delivery Branch is responsible for the end to end delivery of a program of capital works projects to create, maintain and protect water and wastewater assets within the Brisbane, Lockyer, Scenic Rim, Somerset and Ipswich regions. Queensland Urban Utilities has shaped its business to deliver efficiency and enhanced services to its customers through the implementation of a Program Management Approach (PMA) operating model. This operating model includes an integrated and collaborative approach to solutions development and capital delivery.
The role is more than just estimating, working within an integrated client delivery team, providing estimating tool development and enhancement as well as estimating services for a major capital delivery program to minimise risk, maximising benefits and ensure cost and schedule control to overall program delivery. There is continuous construction projects underway spanning several years to provide value and advice on.
The core responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and contribute to multi-discipline cost estimates for projects at various stages and values ($500K to 100M+)
- Develop cost estimates through either first principles, parametric and/or unit rate techniques
- Produce conceptual and semi-detailed estimates
- Conduct analysis of previous estimates and historic project costs and outcomes
- Develop or assist others to develop project implementation plans including project delivery methodology, contracting plan and schedule
- Analyse previous project cost and time data as well as contribute to maintaining cost databases
- Conduct estimate presentations and reviews
- Provide advice and oversight to less experienced members of the team
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Associate Diploma minimum, equivalent field experience or time in role)
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role within a large engineering and/or construction organisation.
- A solid working knowledge of project development and execution process
- Demonstrable level of competence in the planning of works and a disciplined approach to managing the volume and quality of your work
- Competent in Excel spread sheeting (Basic formula and Macros desirable)
- Experience in standard estimating and cost reporting structures
- Demonstrable competence in the development of labour hours for complex site installations.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Sound client facing skills with the ability to maintain and develop client relationships
We’re doing things differently at Queensland Urban Utilities and we are open to innovation and new ways of thinking. While this role will have its challenges, it is important to have a sense of humour when things are not so serious. We offer a flexible work environment that allows you to balance a purpose driven career with what is important to you outside of work.
If this sounds like the role for you we’d love to hear from you. Applications close 25th February 2020.
For queries about this role contact the Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org