|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join the team, based in either our Wellington or Auckland office. As a Security Operations Engineer you will work with internal Xero teams and 3rd party security service providers to ensure that the Security Operations team is able to monitor, detect and respond to events impacting the security of Xero and its customers.
What you'll do
- Define requirements and assess solutions to automate and continuously improve the efficiency of threat detection, alerting and response.
- Work with the other security teams to understand threats arising from new product features. Develop capabilities to detect potential exploitation by these threats.
- Develop, configure, administer and enhance security tools to continuously improve the detection, prevention and analysis of security vulnerabilities and incidents.
- Design, develop and support custom build tools to support the Security Operations Analysts
- Work with security vendors to ensure the products used by the Security Operations team are maintained and enhanced to fully meet changing operational requirements.
- Keep informed as to emerging security threats that have the potential to impact Xero and implement/recommend mitigating strategies. Utilise available threat intelligence sources to inform and improve attack detection techniques.
- Support the investigation of security incidents.
- Assist in maintaining the Security Incident Response Plan, including security operations playbook and runbooks.
- Raise awareness among product team members from other disciplines about security operations and operational concerns as a key consideration of product development.
- Solid experience in a DevOps role
- 2+ years in a role in an Information Security practice.
- Experience in security operations alert and incident management, & monitoring & SIEM tools would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience with managing and automating Cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Practical experience with CI/CD systems (AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, etc.)
- You will be familiar with agile software development methods
- You will have practical experience with source control systems
- Experience with Windows and Linux administration and network engineering
- You will show initiative and a passion for all things security and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- The able to effectively communicate to a wide range of people.
- An innovative and positive team player with a “can do” attitude.
What Xero can offer you...
If you’re looking to work with an internationally acclaimed, award winning product in either Auckland or Wellington then this is the opportunity you’re looking for. We’ve got huge global reach and appeal, have a strategy in place for continued success and now is the time to be a part of it all.
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a culture we’re proud of which is the envy of many and our social vibe is real and alive. We're a big part of the development community and regularly go to conferences and host events and we have lots of social groups/teams too.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more enjoyable than elsewhere so if you’re interested apply online and we will be in touch.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and isRainbow Tickaccredited too.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for apply now with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’re keen to join the team!