|Job Type:||Full Time|
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne;
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Safety Managers to join the West Gate Tunnel Project.
Typical responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop and oversee education and compliance programs for employees, clients, contractors and visitors in your area
- Ensure your Zone maintains robust risk management processes, capability, focus and discipline related to safety and health – whilst supporting project personnel at all levels of delivery to identify and manage risk.
- With support from the Project Health & Safety Director, initiate and administer safety improvement, education and compliance programs for the project Conduct workplace investigations in accordance with policies and procedures
- Drive continuous improvement in safety culture by assessing the effectiveness & efficiency of operations, initiating performance improvements and sharing best practices / lessons learned
- Provide specialist support to internal stakeholders including operational leaders, project employees, contractors, clients and visitors
- Develop and guide your Zones safety and health professionals to ensure day to day specialist project support
- Assist the Health & Safety Director to ensure the project has the tools to meet their regulatory and legal safety obligations
- Assist, lead and conduct and interpret audits and reviews
- Maintain comprehensive safety records and monitor safety performance progress
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Maintain an update-to-date knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and company safety requirements, ensuring workplace are informed of relevant changes
- Support the effectiveness of the consultative framework and communicate safety matters to management and staff as appropriate
Mandatory requirements for this role will include:
- Extensive knowledge of Safety and Health Management Systems
- Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Knowledge of Safety and Health legislation and statutes, and ability to interpret any applicable statutes or legislation relevant to Project
- Ability to lead high level investigations involving multiple internal and external parties
- Skills in monitoring, reviewing, investigative review techniques, reporting and continuous improvement on performance and compliance
- Previous experience in a similar role on a large-scale civil construction project
- Qualifications in a relevant safety discipline
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognises effort and contribution.
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.