|Job Type:||Full Time|
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Community Relations Advisor with experience in large scale precast or manufacturing projects to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla. The Community Relations Lead will support all Communications and Community Relations activities of the Benalla Pre Cast Facility.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the largest Precast Manufacturing Facility in Australia and be part of the team supporting the West Gate Tunnel Project. During peak production, up to 1500 tonnes of concrete per day will be produced with a workforce of up to 300 people.
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the pre-cast construction team to understand upcoming construction activities and evaluate their impact on the surrounding community.
- Develop appropriate mitigation strategies for communities impacted by construction and operation activities of the facility in accordance with council approvals and established procedures.
- Establish and develop effective relationships with impacted stakeholders throughout construction and operation of the facility.
- Respond to and manage enquiries relating to the facility that come through the facility inbox and community phone in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensuring all interactions are entered into the Community Relations register as soon as practicable.
- Assistance with event management – arranging catering, venues, promotional materials for various stakeholder and community events (small to large scale).
- Management of site tours, including buses, PPE, accompanying guides and site access.
- Provide support to the Project Team, including accompanying during visits, participating at information sessions, preparing traffic and road works alerts.
- Working with established templates and branding guidelines
- Develop communications materials as needed.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualifications in Communications, Community Relations or Journalism.
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the construction industry highly regarded.
- Strong personal organisation skills
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team focus and ability to work independently
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.