|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Leadership and career growth opportunity
- Market leading M&A team
- Manager or Associate Director Level Position
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG’s Melbourne -based Mergers & Acquisitions team supports our public and private clients across a diverse range of industries to originate, structure, manage, de-risk and execute buy and sell-side transactions at both the corporate and asset levels. We are specifically seeking a high performing individual with strong execution experience to be a leader in our M&A practice.
As a Manager or Associate Director you will be required to assist in leading a high performing team involved in advising a broad client portfolio across multiple industries and sectors, as well as playing a key role in the long term enhancement and tenure of our position within the market.
You will demonstrate a level of strong technical expertise and market credibility, including your ability to:
- Provide clients with strategic, financial and commercial advice spanning the full transaction cycle from initial strategy and/or concept through to execution and completion;
- Participate in national and global team forums, business pitches and opportunities;
- Lead the execution of asset and business sale engagements including the development of marketing materials, identification of and communication with buyers, management of other advisers and valuation analysis;
- Coaching and developing an existing team of M&A associates and analysts;
- Support the national and local M&A Partners to achieve the firm’s financial and business objectives; and
- Take an active role in lead origination and market facing activities that contribute to the winning of new engagements.
What you bring to the role
- High level of diversified M&A transaction experience ideally within the Australian market and preferably within a Big 4, corporate development team and/or investment banking/boutique firm;
- A degree in business, commerce/accounting or a relevant discipline including CA and/or CFA qualifications;
- Ability to lead the day to day execution of a full cycle M&A transaction;
- Exceptional networking and client skills coupled with the ability to identify business opportunities and develop engagement pipelines;
- Advanced stakeholder management skills and the ability to lead successful teams;
- Resilience and an ability to perform in a high pressure/fast-paced business environment; and
- Demonstrated mentoring, development and training of junior team members.
What the M&A team will offer you
- A collaborative and supportive culture that has the ability to provide flexibility and work life balance within an M&A environment;
- High volume deal flow balanced by significant scope to develop your deal origination skills;
- Direct exposure to C-suite management level clients within the corporate and private equity landscape, with opportunity to develop “trusted adviser” relationships with mid market clients;
- The opportunity to join a fast growing team of driven, high performing and like minded professionals with strong visibility at the national team level and more broadly within KPMG;
- Ability to make an immediate impact within the existing team and on client engagements; and
- Opportunity to learn from highly experienced senior team members with backgrounds in bulge bracket investment banking and senior corporate roles.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!