- Manage day-to-day MHF Terminal Operations
- Retail Sales, Transportation & Distribution of LPG, Industrial Gases and Field Services
- Gladstone based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
The Gladstone Terminal is a licensed Major Hazard Facility, and is pivotal in delivering of various LPG products in Queensland. Along with Terminal Staff and Distribution Drivers, the terminal is base of operations for the local Service & Installation team. This role is accountable for compliance under the Petroleum and Gas Act and holds the responsibility for the Work Health and Safety Act. As Terminal Manager – Gladstone, you will assume total operational responsibility for the delivery of all the local level associated tasks aligned to achieving the business strategy and objectives for the LPG terminal. The purpose of this role is to provide clear and effective terminal management and people leadership skills.
As an active member of the regional operational management team, you will manage a workforce (terminal operatives, drivers and terminal fitters) collaboratively ensuring terminal activities deliver superior service and performance at the lowest unit cost. Managing the day to day operations, this role will be accountable for delivering the local OHS plan and be responsible for site and vehicle based compliance, lead cultural change and drives to achieve optimum performance through your team.
In addition, this role will be expected to collect and analyse performance data to deliver a combination of location specific and overall national goals:
- A leader who is clearly focussed on executing several tasks across all areas that contribute to customer delivery experience
- Ensuring that the terminal operates to highest level, with a focus on Customer Delivery Performance, NPS Measurement and Employee Engagement
- Site Safety Management and accountability, driving a Safety Performance/Culture – TRIFR/Hazard ID/Observations
- Accountable for ensuring that you can demonstrate a Safe, Well Maintained & Compliant Terminal and Fleet
- General responsibility for plant asset management, maintenance
- Actively contribute toward the development of Strategic Plans and Objectives for the LPG business unit - with delivery responsibilities at terminal level (including Maintenance/Upgrades/Capital)
IS THIS YOU?
You are a strong and capable people leader, with a developed understanding of what is required to manage and maintain a safe environment across terminal, fleet and gas service & installation. You will need to hold detailed understanding around chain of responsibility (COR) as this role also covers the distribution of products across your area, including industrial gases.
- Trade qualification in Gas Fitting/Plumbing/Electrical/Mechanical qualification will be highly regarded (Post-Trade Degree or Diploma qualifications in Business Management, Finance or similar – highly advantageous)
- Extensive fuel terminal / distribution site management experience, demonstrable by previously achieved results / outcomes
- Proven understanding and compliance of Major Hazard Facility / Dangerous Goods Site regulation requirements
- Proven people management skills and demonstrate the ability to inspire people to have the desire to deliver results (including 3rd party Contractor Management)
- Commercially astute and a demonstrable history of managing budgets, through to the desired outcomes
- Retail sales experience – sales & solutions focussed
- Extensive experience and evidence of delivering against the P&L – Results focussed
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Mark Pamplin - 03 8627 9065, quote Requisition ID: 75070
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers