|Job Type:||Part Time|
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) is Victoria's safety regulator responsible for electricity, gas and pipeline safety. Our role is to ensure that Victorian gas and electricity industries are safe and meet community expectations. We are also responsible for licensing and registering electricians, and educating the community about energy safety. Our people come from a wide range of professions with diverse skills and experience driving the success of ESV.
About the opportunity
Reporting into Business Services, this Receptionist position is responsible for presenting a positive first impression of ESV to callers and visitors, specifically co-ordinating front-desk activities and providing administrative support.
You will contribute by:
- Answer, screen and forward phone calls and queries for the business
- Welcome visitors to ESV's Southbank office
- Follow established safety procedures to maintain office security access
- Manage daily incoming and outgoing mail
- Order stationery and kitchen supplies
- Assist with record keeping and maintain inventory stock
- Provide general procurement administrative support
- Monitor and assist with Business Services online queries and service requests
- Administer ESV's Pool Vehicle booking system
Please note that the hours required for this role are Monday - Friday 12.30pm to 4.30pm, plus an extra half hour 1 day per week.
You have experience in a professional Receptionist, Customer Service and/or Administration, as well as being proficient with a range of office equipment, phone systems and computer office programs. Excellent verbal and written communication are important, including effective interpersonal skills. Exceptional time-management and organisational skills are required, with strong administrative skills, record keeping and attention to detail. You will also demonstrate initiative to address situations as they arise and be a reliable team player who works well with minimal supervision.
How to apply
Please refer to the available position description to assess your suitability and submit your current resume and cover letter via the Apply button.
ESV will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- ESV contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
- A satisfactory National Police Check will be required (for all non-ESV employees).