|Location:||Glen Waverley - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) is the leading Victorian Government Statutory Authority responsible for electricity, gas and pipeline safety in Victoria. We provide technical services to educate and build awareness around potential dangers of electricity and gas while enforcing legislations and safety standards in the energy and pipelines industry. Our people come from a wide range of professions with diverse skills and experience driving the success of ESV.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader, Regulatory Assurance to join the Gas Pipelines and Infrastructure Safety (GPIS) team.
Reporting into the Manager, GPIS, you will:
- Contribute to the overall leadership and management of Senior Engineers and support the Manager, GPIS with strategy implementation
- Provide leadership and management of staff including selection, retention and development of staff.
- Contribute subject matter expertise and provide leadership on the development, assessment and administration of safety cases, safety management plans and construction safety management plans
- Provide effective and efficient identification, mapping, interaction and issue resolution of technical and regulatory compliance issues
- Deliver specialist technical and/or regulatory tasks and advice, including the conduct of investigations, preparation of advice to government and relevant stakeholders, and contribution towards the improvement of regulatory practice
- Significant relevant gas and pipeline industry experience.
- Previous experience leading and managing people
- Excellent knowledge in, and management, implementation and review of quality assurance and risk management frameworks
- Technical experience in Licensed pipeline principles relating to construction, commissioning and operation.
- Excellent working knowledge of the operation of safety management systems of licensed pipelines, gas distribution networks, gas supply and wholesale gas market.
- High level verbal and written communication skills, well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to manage effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous audit experience and or a Lead Auditor qualification will be favourably considered
How to apply
Please refer to the available position description to assess your suitability and submit your current resume and cover letter via the Apply button.
ESV will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- ESV contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance is required.
- A satisfactory National Police Check will be required (for all non-ESV employees).