|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers. We have exciting opportunities for experienced and qualified Mobile / ISP Technicians to join our team in Hamilton.
Reporting to the Field Manager, your core responsibility will be for the upgrade, installation and maintenance of the Mobile & Fixed networks of our Major Customers in the region. Other responsibilities will cover a wide range of activities across the full spectrum of Telecommunications. Working within the parameters of time and cost, you will be innovative and able to generate solutions that produce results.
Building positive relationships with customers and clients, you will show commitment to quality work practices and ongoing quality assurance. You will be good at understanding and following process, delivering updates and on time as-built documentation. You must be committed to actively following Health and Safety protocols.
This position is for you if you have an enthusiasm for the industry, are familiar with existing and emerging communication infrastructures / technologies, have a desire to take responsibility for your own work and are inspired by the opportunity to join a team keeping pace with new technologies.
Suitable applicants with the following skills and abilities will definitely have an advantage:
- Minimum Level 3 NZQA Telecommunications or Equivalent or similar experience in the industry.
- Experience with Chorus Network. E.G. SDH, PDH, DWDM, ISAM, GPON.
- Experience with the installation and commissioning of BTS systems. NSN Flexi and/or Huawei equipment will be to your advantage.
- Knowledgeable with reading and interpreting plans.
- Current Working at Heights Certification.
- Competency based qualification and experience with Elevated Work Platforms (EWP).
- Current Drivers Licence.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to use fault finding equipment and competent in fault restoration.
- Experience in business and residential provisioning and installations.
- Sound computer skills for record keeping.
If you also offer excellent customer service skills, have an energetic personality and are a proven self-starter able to work both autonomously and in a team environment then this is the role for you
In return, this is an excellent opportunity to
- Be part of a professional team that will provide you with quality support.
- Get involved with interesting and varied specialist projects.
- Take on extra responsibility and display your abilities across diverse activities.
- Be part of a company with a focus on training and development.
If you have what it takes to fill this position and are inspired by the opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organisation, click Apply Now or go to www.downercareers.co.nz and search for job reference number 568035.
The successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.