|Job Type:||Full Time|
- We’ll have you working with Australia’s most respected companies from day one
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
- Collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities
Our Compliance and Conduct team supports clients to manage regulatory challenges, review effectiveness of their risk and compliance frameworks, and deliver enduring and sustainable compliance function outcomes. Through our extensive experience in compliance and our broad market presence, we provide clients with deep insights and advise on industry and regulatory best practices. This includes assisting our clients in managing their compliance with privacy regulations including the Notifiable Data Breach Scheme (NDB), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
KPMG’s Compliance and Conduct team is looking for a highly talented privacy compliance professional with strong industry compliance and/or risk experience. You will join our successful and rapidly growing team. You will be responsible for delivering high quality privacy advisory and other compliance services to a variety of organisations across various industries.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing Privacy Impact Assessments
- Advising client organisations regarding local and/or global privacy obligations, regulations, risks and trends
- Privacy and/or general compliance framework reviews for clients across various industries, focusing on framework design and effectiveness, monitoring and surveillance activities.
- Working with clients to solve complex challenges associated with regulatory change (ie: GDPR), compliance management practices and regulator engagement.
- Contributing to scoping, execution and delivery on a variety of compliance reviews and compliance advisory projects, with a particular focus on privacy obligations.
- Developing strong relationships with clients, maintaining these relationships after engagement completion and assisting in the achievement of Compliance and Conduct’s business development strategy
- Interpreting and assisting clients in the application of regulatory obligations, industry standards and best practice principles including local and global privacy obligations and regulations.
With an enthusiasm to deliver quality in everything you do, you are commercially minded, detail focused and interested in working across a broad range of industries. You will have:
- Knowledge and practical experience in the application of regulatory and industry standards including the Privacy Act 1988, General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
- Knowledge and practice experience in the application of regulatory and industry standards including ISO 19600 – Compliance Management Systems.
- Experience in designing, implementing and/or carrying out compliance management practices including:
- Regulatory change management including interpretation of regulatory obligations;
- Controls management and testing;
- Incident and breach management;
- Management and Board compliance reporting;
- Compliance monitoring and/or supervision activities;
- Regulator management and liaison.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- The ability to analyse information quickly and efficiently, drawing on your experience and using creative solutions to solve problems
- The ability to engage with stakeholders and develop meaningful relationships to complete deliverables and aid in business development
- Experience with any GRC software systems will be viewed favourably
- Tertiary qualification(s), preferably commerce or law related
- Industry qualifications (completed or in progress) such as Certificate IV in Compliance and Risk Management, will be viewed favourably
The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.