|Job Type:||Full Time|
- CFO Advisory – a centre of finance and accounting excellence
- Victorian Government sector focus – provision of business performance, financial management and accounting services
- Professional development and career-building opportunities.
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network to increase your professional profile.
KPMG’s CFO Advisory practice combines deep industry knowledge with technical accounting, finance operations and reporting excellence; we partner with CFOs and finance teams to help them meet the challenges of a complex and evolving business environment. Leveraging our firm wide expertise, CFO Advisory offers services including: finance function establishment, integration, separation and review; financial and regulatory process and control assessments/(re)design; performance monitoring; Data quality management; finance project and resource support; transaction structuring and post deal implementation; and accounting standards interpretation and practical application advice
Your new role:
With continued growth in our CFO Advisory team, we are now seeking a Director to join our practice. Based in Melbourne the focus of this team is to assist our clients achieve financial and reporting excellence under sound governance and control principles. Working alongside experienced teams, including specialists within the Government sector in Victoria you will help to develop and drive our strategy by:
- Contributing to the development and review of our sector strategy, including identifying opportunities for future service delivery and participating in business development initiatives to support continued growth in the Victorian Government sector
- Expanding our teams serving the sector, including recruitment, coaching and mentoring
- Managing the delivery of complex projects including project management, key client deliverables, drafting client reports and presentations, liaising with senior leadership and external advisors
- Simplifying highly complex business situations and strategies to identify key issues and priorities and effectively and efficiently manage multidisciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions for clients
- Building and maintaining key client relationships, identifying opportunities for continued growth, developing propositions and leading business development initiatives
You bring to the role:
- CA (or equivalent) qualifications with a strong accounting and/or audit and assurance background, with approximately 10+ years of relevant business experience gained in Professional Services and/or Victorian Government
- Deep knowledge of, and experience in the sector, including a well-developed network of business contacts
- Prior experience in sector specific accounting principles, and specific financial reporting requirements (including understanding of financial systems and processes) is desirable
- A commercial and analytical mindset with complex problem solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and present your ideas with impact to clients and other key stakeholders
- Experience in leading teams and providing training and guidance to build performance
- Project management skills including experience in making strategic decisions across multiple engagements
What we offer you:
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online including resume and cover letter. For further information, please contact Paul on 03 866 38523.