|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Strategically partner on significant government transformations.
- Tackle Australia’s most interesting and challenging government problems.
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture.
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
The Transformational Program Management team within KPMG is a key part of our capability picture and has been involved in some of Australia's largest and most complex reform and transformation programs. We know that realising organisational change and improvement requires more than transactional project management – it takes an ability to manage complexity and find clarity in linking strategic objectives to implementation activities whilst ensuring effective stakeholder engagement results. If you have an understanding of project and program management principles coupled with a results driven, client focused approach to achieving outcomes this could be the ideal role for you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Transformation Program Management team at Manager level and be our defence specialist. As a KPMG Client Transformation Leader, you can count on working on diverse projects and interesting Client engagements from day one. You will enjoy a highly inclusive team culture and colleagues who care when it comes to client delivery and your career development. As an accomplished Coach you’ll work with extraordinary people who are passionate and courageous about supporting clients to meet and exceed their potential. You will:
- Apply your project management experience to initiate and deliver projects with our Federal Government clients using tailored project management methodologies.
- Support KPMG Project Management Office teams ensuring that project planning, execution, dependencies and controls are properly integrated in large and complex transformation projects.
- Execute multiple and concurrent complex projects taking accountability for managing scope and delivering timely and quality deliverables through strong collaboration and communication.
- Apply innovative and creative techniques in solving complex problems on projects.
- Enjoy playing a key role in business development and other market facing activities that contribute to growing our business. This will include leading teams that produce winning proposals and presenting to clients.
- Be able to bring together powerful teams from across our firm with deep experience in the variety of services needed to deliver complex, transformative change.
- Provide leadership in building the capacity of our delivery teams, integrating capabilities from across the firm, to ensure client engagements deliver to the highest quality.
- Be able to lead either traditional or agile deliveries based on your deep practical knowledge of leading methodologies such as Prince2/MSP and Scrum/SAFe.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include:
- Extensive experience in running large Transformational Programs of work (>$10 million).
- A background in project management & analysis, risk and issue management, resource planning and management, benefits management, Quality management and/ or IT Service Management/ Transition.
- Experience in delivering programs using either Prince2/MSP and Scrum/SAFe methodologies (or equivalent).
- Qualifications in CIAPM, CPPD, Prince 2, PMP, PMBOK, MSP.
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems.
- Outstanding communication skills with a proactive approach to building positive working relationships internally and externally with ease
- Resilience, resourcefulness, flexibility and a can do attitude with a passion for delivering high quality outcomes at pace
- Demonstrated experience as a constructive leader and coach with a willingness to participate in relevant culture initiatives, demonstrate a growth mindset and contribute to building an enhancing culture, with a focus on enabling career progression for high potential people
- Business Development or previous consulting experience is highly advantageous.
- Degree qualified (e.g. Business, Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other relevant discipline.)
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!