|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you passionate about delivering first class consultative advice on operational excellence?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and using your technical business understanding to rebuild the operational capability of our nation's public service?
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. In Canberra, we are a team based practice and this extends to our clients whom we work and collaborate with, in solving complex problems. Together, we design, innovate, and implement change, providing enduring advice that support our clients and the services they deliver. Our clients vary in size and come from a diverse range of sectors – all sharing in a common goal: to embrace change and deliver services that make Australia a better place. We are looking for talented individuals who would like to join us on the journey.
Our Operational Excellence team in Canberra continues to grow, assisting leading companies across all industries deliver sustainable operations designs, improvements, and management. We assist our clients to identify opportunities to improve productivity, and deliver leading customer and service experiences. The team draws on a combination of professional talented people, powerful KPMG methodologies and global resources.
Entering a period of growth for the team, we’re now looking for experienced practitioners to join our team. These opportunities exist at the Senior Consultant and Manager levels. Members of our operational excellence team often have backgrounds in engineering, science, mathematics, finance, consulting, law, computer science, or have worked in operational environments driving improvement and change using methods like Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, Design Thinking or Agile - if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
Senior Consultant openings
As a Senior Consultant you’ll be looking to build on your management consulting experience and to gain exposure to new and more complex challenges. Your role will see you take ownership of your own activity streams within projects. You’ll apply your strategic problem solving, data analysis, report writing and project management skills to help solve complex client problems. You’ll hone your client relationship skills, harnessing your truly customer centric approach and passion for achieving great results for your client.
As a Manager you’ll already have a successful track record in Management Consulting working across multiple sectors. You’re now looking to join a high growth team to work with a prestigious range of clients and play a key role in developing the practice. You’ll bring a passion for growing high calibre teams and managing multiple streams that will see you building on your experience in reviewing business performance, go-to-market strategies and putting together the end-to-end service delivery of engagements.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
In order to be successful in this application your skills and experience should include:
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to complex and ambiguous problems
- Experience or exposure to the practical application of continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, Systems Thinking, TQM or MOS
- Proven ability to translate business and customer needs into best practice process and operation design requirements, with experience in implementing the designs within core and enabling processes
- Experience in structured problem solving and advanced analytical skills
- Experience in design or deployment of robotic process automation and other intelligent automation capabilities to support improvements in efficiency, effectiveness or service, is desirable
- Experience undertaking business requirement analysis and benefits assessment
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skill
- Understanding or exposure to Target Operating Model design and delivery, Human Centred Design / Design Thinking is desirable
- Experience in use and coding for contemporary data analytics and statistical tools is desirable
- You must be an Australian Citizen or have the ability to obtain a government security clearance.
The KPMG Difference:
At KPMG, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!