|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Make a real difference in your community through our social and environmental programs
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive, disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG’s Actuarial and Financial Risk practice is Australia’s leading provider of advice to the financial services industries. Our expanding Financial Risk Management team provides specialist risk management services to a wide range of clients, spanning financial services, utilities and energy sectors.
We have a number of vacancies for Senior Consultants resulting from our continued expansion. Our work typically covers advanced risk management and risk modelling, including credit, traded and non-traded market risk.
Our team helps clients with the following:
- Credit Risk: credit risk provisioning to model expected losses; development and review of credit decisioning models; credit risk management framework and policy development; credit risk strategy; and prudential regulatory modelling. Specific examples include PD/LGD/EAD models, IFRS 9, APS 112, APS 113, as well as behavioural scorecards and credit auto-decisioning.
- Market Risk: Traded and non-traded risk management framework and policy for financial, commodities and utilities markets; modelling of risk measures including Value-at-Risk, Earnings-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall; regulatory capital models and management; liquidity risk management and derivatives valuations. Specific examples include regulatory capital under APS116 Market Risk and APS 117 IRRBB, Exposure at default for counterparty credit risk, and liquidity measures such as LCR and NSFR.
Clients look to our team to:
- Create quantitative forecasting models to help them overcome regulatory and/or technical challenges as well as enhance their decisioning capabilities;
- Challenge models they have created to assess their appropriateness and/or identify areas of improvement;
- Optimise their data and forecasting methodologies; and
- Deliver transparency and accuracy through the audit and review of financial models.
In response to increasing client needs our team is looking to expand so we are seeking aspiring Senior Consultants who will work in client-facing project teams.
How are you Extraordinary?
We are looking for people with a strong interest in analytics and quantitative modelling to join our growing team in Melbourne and Sydney. We want to speak to candidates with the following attributes:
- An interest in working on a diverse range of quantitative and qualitative modelling engagements across multiple industries using various modelling methodologies;
- Experience in manipulating data and building/validating models in statistical packages such as SAS, R, Python, and VBA;
- Tertiary or post-graduate qualifications in mathematics, statistics, actuarial studies, engineering or another related discipline;
- Able to communicate and work with all levels of staff in our team, taking on mentoring and management opportunities as appropriate;
- Demonstrated ability to solve new and technically challenging problems, either independently or as part of a small team;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; and
Consulting and/or Financial Services experience is preferred with roles having a modelling or quantitative focus.
You must be eligible to live and work in Australia.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!