|Job Type:||Full Time|
Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
As a leading local government, the City of Melbourne aims to achieve our goal for Melbourne to be a bold, inspirational and sustainable city. Each year we deliver a vast range of projects and programs, designed to ensure we remain one of the world’s most sustainable, accessible and equitable cities.
The City of Melbourne is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety. We actively support diversity, inclusion and flexibility in our workplace and in turn are seeking people who can demonstrate and display our City of Melbourne values of accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and the desire to strive for excellence. Together we Make the Difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Our vision for City of Melbourne procurement is to continually assist and collaborate with all branches to encourage innovation, alignment to sustainability principles and drive cost reductions across City of Melbourne. This includes provision of up-to-date and contemporary contract management and supplier management of processes and templates via the Contract Management System (CMS).
As the Category Manager, you will strive for excellence in everything you do to deliver a sustainable and innovative service which is robust and transparent. You will manage sourcing and category management activities across a range of categories, and work closely as a trusted business partner with work areas across City of Melbourne, to determine how to best optimise supply chain value that supports direct service delivery to customers.
The scope of the role encompasses leading sourcing activities, developing and overseeing the development of the category plans, value chain analysis and procurement strategies whilst introducing innovation and technology to ensure that effective governance, value for money and sustainability outcomes are realised.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work for a leading City and is in search of the perfect work-life balance.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A relevant tertiary qualification to degree level in procurement, supply chain, business, commerce or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in strategic contract management, procurement, tendering, category management and an understanding of current legislations and standards.
- Proven experience in achieving substantial cost reductions through effective management of contracts and delivering continuous improvement.
- Proven experience in driving sustainability (social, environmental and economic) outcomes.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with demonstrated experience in achieving effective business outcomes.
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with stakeholders in negotiating value for money that deliver to project timelines, quality and cost within budget.
- High level experience in developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders at all levels and a sound understanding of stakeholder needs.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- respond to three of the selection criteria that best outline you and your experience, in a separate document (no more than one page), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
The City of Melbourne respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. We also recognise the strength and value of Aboriginal people and encourage their applications.