|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
We have an opportunity available for a Senior Corporate Counsel to join our team. You will be responsible for the delivery of legal services to Optus’s consumer sales and service business (Retail & Channel Sales).
Operating in a technically complex, dynamic and heavily regulated industry, you will be a trusted advisor and partner to the business, providing legal expertise towards commercial decision making and ensuring that all operations of the organisation are both commercially effective and legally compliant.
Key responsibilities include:
- the negotiation and documentation of the Optus key retail distribution and supply agreements (including Optus’s retail partners, mass market, digital partners and offshore partners), including new types of business relationships, distribution channels and complex supply arrangements
- the provision of ongoing legal advice and support for the effective management and operations of those business partnerships
- management of Optus’ legal and contractual obligations and its compliance programs in relation to the retail network
- responsibility for oversight of the existing and evolving regulatory environment in relation to the retail network and advising Optus on implications and appropriate management strategies
- supporting the development, enhancement and evolution of the Optus retail distribution strategy
- managing escalations, mediations and contentious matters
The role may require you to mentor junior lawyers and/or be the legal lead on significant projects. As well as taking responsibility for the legal support for the business area, the Senior Corporate Counsel will also:
- work with other senior lawyers in the Optus legal team to contribute to the broader wellbeing and management of the team
- assist the business area to develop internal governance structures to support them in making decisions that appropriately manage risks and to establish the terms on which Optus and its subsidiaries deal with customers, suppliers, business partners and other third parties
- assist in the management of external legal service providers.
Through all these activities you will assist Optus and its subsidiaries to deliver superior customer experience and mitigate legal risk.
We offer all kinds of benefits, such as:
- work collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexible working hours and location
- discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- mobile and Broadband staff discounts
- onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- staff buses to Epping and Wynyard, and back again
If this opportunity appeals to you, please apply online today. Ideally, we would like to hear from candidates who can demonstrate 10+ years post admission experience, and experience in the negotiation and management of complex distribution agreements such as retail channel partnerships and online/ digital partnerships. Admission as a Solicitor in one or more States in Australia is essential, and prior in-house experience is an advantage.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!