|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADI's outside of the big 4 banks. With almost 500 employees, $13.4 billion in transactions in 2018, we are much more than an EFTPOS provider - Tyro is an ASX listed Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
With 10 industry firsts to market, we're giving the business banking world a good shake up, with smart technology that saves Australian businesses time and money. Come and be a part of the Tyro journey.
As the Internal Auditor, you'll be responsible for contributing to individual internal audit projects, as part of the delivery of the internal audit plan. This responsibility includes performing internal audit procedures as directed, and identifying process or control weaknesses. Additionally, the Internal Auditor will assist in performing follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
The Internal Auditor will also assist the Head of Internal Audit with periodic reporting to the Board Audit Committee, development of the annual Internal Audit Plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
What you'll be doing
- Perform internal audit work under supervision and in accordance with organisational policies and IPPF
- Assist in the development of the internal audit testing plan
- Identify and assess risk
- Plan the nature, timing and extent of procedures
- Complete the test program with limited supervision
- Understand the importance of documenting evidence and assemble complete and accurate documentation of fieldwork performed
- Create workpapers that meet the internal audit evidence requirements with limited supervision
- Understand root cause analysis techniques and apply these techniques under supervision
- Understand due professional care when undertaking audit engagements
- Recognise issues that should be expressed as internal audit observations
- Draft issues using established criteria (such as IPPF)
- Under supervision, assess the risk of not taking action
- Collect action-plan implementation data from management
- Under supervision, assess whether actions proposed adequately address the issues identified
- Be alert to possible indicators of fraud and how these should be managed
What success looks like
- Professionalism - Understanding ethical requirements of internal auditing
- Management - Proactively managing accountabilities and identify possible solutions to barriers
- Communication - Understanding the types of communication and when to use and interpret each
- Collaboration - Engaging in collaborative projects in a manner that motivates others
- Critical Thinking - With minimal supervision, gathering and transforming raw data into useful information to better understand the problem and use experience to contribute ideas to develop solutions
- Learning - Proactively seeking and participating in learning development opportunities
- Business Acumen - Understanding the importance of assessing the relevance of business objectives and risks when conducting internal audit engagements
What you bring to the team
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance
- Post-graduate qualification in audit/IT
- 2+ years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas
- Prior industry experience is favourable
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australia businesses.
Our almost 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a generous learning & development budget for training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.