|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we areLaunching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADI's outside of the big 4 banks. With almost 500 employees, $13.4 billion in transactions in 2018, we are much more than an EFTPOS provider - Tyro is an ASX listed Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
With 10 industry firsts to market, we're giving the business banking world a good shake up, with smart technology that saves Australian businesses time and money. Come and be a part of the Tyro journey.
The Tyro Finance team is positioned to support Tyro business strategy as well as continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focussing on financial management, control, planning and providing excellent customer experience and support to key stakeholders.
As part of the Financial Control team, the primary purpose of this role is to assist with financial accounting activities for the company, supporting the production of accurate and timely financial information for internal and external use as well as maintaining and ascertaining the integrity of accounting records.
The Assistant Accountant contributes meaningfully to the financial control function. Requiring a candidate with strong attention to detail and time management skills to process complex calculations within a short turn around. This will be assisted by strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting in month end processes including journals and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Reconciling monthly bank statements and process invoices;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and assist in half year and year end reporting and audit processes;
- Process and Procedure Improvement in key financial accounting and reporting processes
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
The success criteria for the role
- Attention to detail - essential
- Excellent communications and organisation skills.
- Stakeholder management – Can manage stakeholders in the delivery of important outputs to facilitate the finance function in processing calculations critical to the month end process.
- Proactive and eager to learn – Shows initiative to drive outcomes and an enthusiasm to learn and grow as the role requires long term.
- Time management & prioritisation - Capable of managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines, while producing quality output.
What you'll bring to the team
- Relevant degree in Finance and Accounting and 2+ year of experience in an Accounting/Finance role;
- Have commenced your CA/CPA or plan to;
- Exposure to ERP systems;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australia businesses.
Our almost 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a generous learning & development budget for training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.