|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Provides centralized human resource services and transactions. Ensures efficiency of service center operations, technology, and transaction processes. Establishes standards and procedures for handling employee questions, transactions and administration of human resource programs. Coordinates services with the human resource information systems, human resource program managers, and technology specialists. Mandarin and/or Cantonese required
If you are an HR professional with 2 to 5 years of experience in HR Operations or in HR Shared Services role and who is proficient in Mandarin (simplified Chinese) and English, we have an exciting role for you as HR Operations Specialist to join us at our Parkville office.
In this role, you will be the first point of contact for employees and managers for resolution of complex HR issues related to programs, policies, benefits, recruiting, compensation, etc. You will be responsible for resolving complaints and inquiries, triaging and escalating issues that are more complex. You will be able to execute these tasks in a bilingual environment – English & Mandarin/Simplified Chinese.
You are a key point of contact for our employees and managers based in China and will provide resolution to escalated inquiries for more complex HR issues related to Benefits, Compensation, Labour Relations, Compliance, Organization Effectiveness, Reward and Recognition, and Workforce Staffing and to document all inquiries according to department standards. In order to resolve these queries, you will be required to liaise with the Centre of Expertise or HR Business Partner as and when required in order to provide a satisfactory resolution.
In this role, your responsibilities will include
- Ensuring execution of End-to-End processes and all tasks associated with Employee Cloud/Workday. Conducts day to day HRIS transactional processing in Employee Cloud/Workday and other related HR Systems.
- Supporting all HR Centres of Expertise (CoE) for executing Core, Common and Consistent, processes, tasks, and overall administration, and ensures continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization.
- Adhering to appropriate HR Operations KPI's
- Conducting research of issues as appropriate and provide resolution in a timely manner.
- Creating, monitor, and closeout tickets in the case management tool, as well as work closely with other HR staff members, and HR systems to provide service and support to all other HR functional areas.
- Ensuring that case notes are professionally written and that they thoroughly and accurately detail the problem and the proposed resolution/ Documents as is and to be processes for CSL China, documents opportunities for improvement and supports COE to implement these.
- Enhancing HR’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to HR Operations
- Identifying escalation trends and opportunities for process change and/or new solutions.
- Assisting in identifying areas to improve communications and efficiency of operations and implementing changes. Partners with clients in improving processes by recommending solutions and referrals to policies/procedures, SMEs or contracted vendors
- Supporting APAC COE’s through the execution of the following:
- Review and approve/close job requisitions through the appropriate systems (e.g. Workday)
- Coordinating and schedule interviews.
- Utilize appropriate systems (e.g., Workday) to track sourcing and pipeline information.
- Create offer letters/employment contracts.
- Handle all aspects of new hire onboarding from offer acceptance up until 1st day of hire.
- Ensure timely, professional, consistent and legally compliant responses are provided and documented as appropriate for every situation.
- Communicate policies and procedures related to benefit administration that are consistent with programs and values.
- Assist in the performance of regular audits in conjunction with carriers to ensure accurate employee enrolment (eligibility, coverage).
- Generate relocation requests to Global Mobility Specialist peer.
- Support China-based employees in relocation
- Provides recommendations on various pay actions (external offers, promotions, equities, bonus buyouts, etc.) utilizing survey sources, market references, internal equity, and other data as appropriate
- Supports the global administration and communication of annual compensation programs
- Provides compensation support and data management support for special projects
- Performs various data audits and works payroll interface error reports.
- Provides input to enhance existing processes or to establish processes for new programs
- Supports accurate payroll processing
- Ensure successful employee tax and direct deposit information
- Store payroll-related documentation
- Modify employee pay data as required
- Resolve inquiries from employees regarding pay
- Support Time and Labor Management (TLM) duties including but not limited to:
- Support & maintain employee information and supervisor timecard access.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with TLM system
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- 2-5 years of experience in HR, preferred HR Operations and/or a Shared Services operation or closely related experience
- Associates degree within Business/ HR or related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field a preferred
- Experience in supporting multiple HR COE areas, such as Compensation, Benefits, Relocation, Staffing, etc.
- Knowledge of Case Management systems, ACD/IVR, and HR Portal technology a plus
- Demonstrated ability to drive customer service and operational excellence.
- Experience working within a global HR shared services model highly desired
- Demonstrated high level of integrity when dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to meet SLAs, and use of Metrics and Analytics to measure performance
- Chinese employment practices and legislation knowledge – mandatory
- Exposure to HR practices in other APAC locations
- Pharma and/or health care and/or medical industry and/or commercial sector experience - desired
- Bilingual – Mandarin/English. Proficient in operating in a business environment in both languages, including spoken and written – Simplified Chinese