|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
We are seeking a Senior Intelligent Transport Systems Engineer to lead and deliver engineering designs for various ITS and Traffic Signal projects in QLD.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and equivalent industry experience appropriate to the senior position (Electrical, Telecommunications, Systems Engineering or Civil).
- RPEQ Chartership with equivalent professional institutions (ITEE/Electrical), or actively working towards this.
- Strong experience in the consulting environment.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of ITS and Traffic Signal designs on large multidisciplinary projects.
- Proficiency in developing engineering reports and drawings.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office and CAD tools to document engineering designs in 2D and 3D where required.
- Successful experience in the management of ITS and Traffic Signal design deliveries and strategic input into multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Keen understanding of “customer” needs, and issues which may impact on maintaining effectiveness within a commercial environment.
About the role
In this role you will:
- Deliver ITS and Traffic Signal engineering documentation on various infrastructure projects independently.
- Lead and coordinate ITS engineering designs from concept to detailed design on large multidisciplinary projects.
- Ensure consistent completion of ITS and allied projects across infrastructure projects within quality, budget and programme expectations.
- Prepare proposals and tender documentation that effectively promotes Arup’s ITS/Connected Infrastructure capability and wins projects across the Infrastructure market.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with industry networks, clients, government agencies and sub-consultants relevant to the Infrastructure groups activities.
- Develop high-value solutions and strategies for clients across public and private sectors.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.