|Job Type:||Full Time|
Australian Governments are tackling the big challenges on meeting the new world of digital citizen services. Our customers are digitally transforming and the Industry Executive (IE) role is at the leading edge of this transformation journey with our customers. The goal of the Industry Executive (IE) is leading industry digital transformation engagements and opportunities with Microsoft’s customers, with deep government industry knowledge and experience.
This is a senior role that is operating at a strategic level with Microsoft’s top customers, with deep engagement and understanding of the Government’s business issues and strategic challenges. The role is seen as a deep, subject matter expert in their industry and the digital transformation occurring within it. The role is the industry leader in a customer centric account team, and relationship builds to become a trusted advisor to key government business decision-makers, helping them build the program of digital transformation change. The role will use industry experience, expertise and credentials directly with customer business decision makers to engage and create unique business value.
The role of IE is focused on generating and owning industry relevant solution and platform opportunities, working and selling closely with Microsoft’s partners. The role delivers growth of Microsoft cloud services (Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics 365) by building new relationships, pportunities and positioning industry relevant solutions that solve the customers’ business challenges as they digitally transform their businesses. The role will partner closely with the world-wide industry sales teams and specialist sellers to share best practices and customer references/case studies to bring Microsoft’s industry digital transformation stories to life.
- Engaging with customers of strategic enterprise accounts to identify, generate and nurture new business opportunities through industry relevant solutions, leading opportunity engagements
- Owning and executing large strategic transformational joint partnerships with our customers
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the worldwide industry teams to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation
- Acting as industry thought leader and supporting customer engagements such as executive briefings, customer workshops and internal sales team readiness
- Working with industry focused sales teams at Microsoft as the industry subject matter expert in Digital Transformation account planning
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years Industry domain expertise and expertise working in business roles at a company in the target industry
- Significant (10+ years) industry solution selling experience
- Business development and sales skills
- Market development skills
- Industry specialized sales or consulting position within an IT Consulting or Services company
- Solution sales or consulting position in a competing or partner company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required