|Job Type:||Full Time|
- CBD offices near Sydney's new harbour foreshore playground
- Work with the Asteron suite of products and services
- Career progression and excellent employee benefits
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From those we protect, to those that make it happen here at TAL, people are at the heart of everything we do.
We've learnt that the most important part of life isn't the things we own, but the experiences we share with the people we love. That's why we do what we do, protect what matters most, so that you and your family have the freedom to keep living the life you planned, no matter what happens.
Embarking on our growth journey, Asteron Life joins the TAL family. Asteron Life has been a specialist life insurance company for more than 185 years who’s founding principle to help people protect what’s most dear has been there since the first life insurance policy we wrote (which happened to be Australia’s first!) in 1833.
About the Opportunity
The purpose of the role is to provide a superior level of customer service to internal and external customers, taking full responsibility for resolving any request/issues arising from the claim application and tele-interview process to ensure they are appropriately triaged.
Key responsibilities include:
Own the customer experience, demonstrate commitment to the customer and to service excellence
- Manage Customer and Financial Adviser relationships as per the Acclaim Segmentation Model
- Administration of the claims email inbox
- Own the claim lodgement process in Claim Centre with diligence to organisation and time management
- Scheduling of all tele interviews and conduct them utilising a risk management approach
- Manage a small portfolio of ‘low touch’ claims end-to-end in a proactive, cost-effective, creative and innovative manner with active engagement of key stakeholders to deliver timely outcomes for customers
- Build and sustain strong working relationships with team members and across stakeholder teams
We’re looking for a talented individual with the requisite skills and knowledge who want to join us in our mission of ‘being by your side for life’ to positively impact Australians.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in a similar position ideally from within the financial services industry
- Be passionate about and focused on delivering exceptional customer service, at all times
- Be able to think laterally and of innovative ideas helping to provide business solutions
- Quickly develop and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of stakeholders’ business areas
- Have the ability to convey and explain information, coherently and confidently
- Have demonstrated experience with MS Outlook, Excel, PPS, using databases
- Be able to operate several sources of information (excel, intranet, search) in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed listening and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills – prioritisation of work without supervision
- Adaptable and responsive to a continuously changing environment
- Attention to detail, accurately checking and processing, showing concern for all aspects of the role
What are our employee benefits?
- A generous company paid life insurance and super plan
- Recognition and reward programs that acknowledge great work
- Coaching, mentoring and training programs
- Flexible work and leave options to support study, family and lifestyle
- A focus on wellbeing including health and product discounts
At TAL, we look for people who represent our diverse Australian community; people who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community.
We offer a workplace that’s inclusive and flexible, supporting our people with options that let them make the most of their careers.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions. Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact Izelia.Pinto@tal.com.au
- Applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident to apply
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo background checks as part of the recruitment process