|Job Type:||Full Time|
- ASX100 – global manufacturer & marketer of commercial explosives, fertilisers and industrial explosives
- Be responsible for ensuring BigN transports ammonia to its customers in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner
- Fantastic Management opportunity, based in Gunnedah
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with a global leader in the resources and agricultural sectors with an unrelenting focus on Zero Harm. With a diverse leadership, we add value for our customers through manufacturing excellence, innovation and world class services.
Our Big N business ensures safe, cost effective and efficient ammonia supply to IPL’s Industrial and Agricultural customers throughout SA, NT, NSW and QLD.
This role will see you lead the team responsible for the distribution of ammonia to agriculture customers in the region. You will also responsible for ensuring compliance and safety standards within the business and with third party distributors. You will achieve this by;
- Delivering Zero Harm and ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable Acts, regulations, Chain of Responsibility and the NHVAS System
- Maintaining and actively promoting a safe working environment through a network of ammonia depots and mobile fleet, ensuring all Critical Control Verifications, audits etc. are undertaken, incidents, near misses and hazards are reported and investigated and safety meetings are regularly held.
- Working effectively across the IPF group for effective management of the Big N ammonia distribution Depot to Farm deliveries in the region
- Ensuring all our employees and contractors are engaged and involved in delivering continuous improvement within the business
- Engaging and interacting with end-user customers to help ensure their delivery and demand expectations are met
Reporting to the Ammonia Operations Manager you will ensure IPF transports ammonia to its customers in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner. As well as strong leadership, mentoring and coaching skills, you will also have
- Extensive experience in an operational line management position preferably associated with road transport fleet management and distribution
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of Dangerous Goods Transport by road and maintenance practices
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Road Transport regulatory and legislative processes (NHVAS)
- The ability to negotiate and influence to ensure the best outcomes for the business, it’s customers and stakeholders
- An ability to engage with our customers to assist with the promotion of BIG N
- Hold a strong, genuine commitment to safety and contribute to delivering a Zero Harm safety culture
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- Flexible working conditions
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Mental Health and Well-being program
- Options to purchase annual leave
- Sustainability leader as rated by ACSI
- My Rewards discounts and perks program
A little more about us
At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
The culture of safety is paramount, and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
IPL is committed to building an inclusive and accessible organisation through the development of a culture that embraces diversity, improves organisational engagement and allows our employees to reach their full potential. IPL values the range of perspectives, experience and skills that a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the organisation and, through this contribution, strengthens the Company.