|Job Type:||Full Time|
- ASX100 – global manufacturer & marketer of commercial explosives, fertilisers and industrial explosives
- Mechanical maintenance and installation essential
- Join our high performing and safety conscious team
- Newcastle based at Kooragang Island
Working at Incitec Pivot Limited (IPL) provides the opportunity to progress your career with an industry leader in both the agriculture and mining industries. IPL is an ASX 100 global diversified industrial chemicals company that manufactures and distributes industrial explosives, industrial chemicals and fertilisers.
Reporting to the Regional Distribution Manager, you will be part of the maintenance team at the Incitec Pivot Kooragang Island Distribution site. The maintenance team provides relevant and timely services to ensure that the distribution teams meet production and output requirements. This role will suit a driven individual who is committed to their development and keen to make a difference in the workplace and to their team. You will also;
- Provide prompt and reliable maintenance work to plant equipment
- Participate in a Call-out Stand-by roster system
- Involvement in producing/reviewing JSAs / SWI’s / Procedures / Policies
- Actively works towards improving work place safety and the environment
- Ensure compliance with applicable HSE Performance Standards
- Initiate and support the innovation, growth and continuous improvement ambitions of the business
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Experience in a Mechanical Trade (Fitter/Turner/Toolmaker) with current trade certification.
- High appreciation of safety with a focus on Zero Harm and be an active participant in risk control process JSA, procedure writing
- Experience in distribution, customer service or fixed plant environments.
- Willing and capable of working with exposure to manual handling tasks.
- You have Year 10 secondary school education at a minimum.
- You are computer literate (experience to SAP is beneficial).
- High attention to detail with an appreciation of site cleanliness.
- Has participated in continuous improvement processes
Benefits to you
- We are a team based on trust, collaboration and respect
- An above market attractive salary package is offered.
- Flexible working conditions
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Mental Health and Well-being program
- Options to purchase annual leave
- Discounted corporate health plans
- Personal leisure travel discounts
- Workplace giving charitable scheme
- Sustainability leader as rated by ACSI
- My Rewards discounts and perks program
If this is your next career opportunity simply select "apply now" button and we will be back in contact within 5 working days.
A little more about us
- At the heart of Incitec Pivot and Dyno Nobel’s culture is business excellence and we seek like-minded individuals who treat the business as their own and who strive to challenge and improve the status quo, focusing on improving productivity whilst maintaining zero harm for everyone, everywhere.
- The culture of safety is paramount and you will play an integral part in promoting Health Safety & Environment (HSE) procedures to ensure Zero Harm at all times. You will also be familiar with modern safety practices as well as have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol screen).
- We support diversity in the workplace; women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Dyno Nobel and Incitec Pivot Limited is a proud member of the Diversity Council of Australia and Male Champions of Change, and holds a State Chair position on the National Association of Women in Operations.