|Location:||Aus - QLD Bowen Basin, Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Experience more opportunities
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As our next Technical Services Manager reporting to the Site Manager , you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Utilising your skills to ensure development of the rolling 16-week schedule for: Dig, Dump & Haul, Drilling, Explosive Loading and Firing plans for the mining operation.
- Use your scheduling experience and problem-solving skills to keep the rolling mine schedule aligned to strict budget requirements.
- Lean on your cost focus attitude and utilise in house data capture software to show the cost impact of designs and schedules.
- Draw on your CAD experience to ensure mine designs align to operational requirements and changes in geology.
- Ensure completion of planning and scheduling activities in the weekly planning cycle.
- Learn and assist in the End of Month reporting process.
- Let your natural curiosity lead you to continually investigate & improve work methods in the technical team.
- Liaise with your offsite engineering support team
- Provide engineering and technical services to support production activities and foster innovation
- Leading and mentoring a professional team of Engineers
- Develop key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Actively participate as a Site Senior Leadership team member to ensure overall project success.
Roster and Location
- 5 days on 2 days off – Monday to Friday roster
- FIFO or DIDO with full camp facilities or housing assistance provided
- The Lake Vermont Project is situated outside of Dysart, in Central Queensland. This project is one of Thiess’ largest and longest running projects.
Role Requirements as a Technical Services Manager at Lake Vermont:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (mining or civil) is desirable
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Commitment to health and safety objectives
- Relevant computer packages for mine design and scheduling activities
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.