|Job Type:||Full Time|
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the contractor for construction, which began in early 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
About the Opportunity
To support the delivery of the West Gate Tunnel Project we are looking for a Logistics Supervisor with proven experience in cranes, rigging and logistics to join our Precast Manufacturing team in Benalla, Northern Victoria.
As a Logistics Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing onsite delivery and coordination of various scopes of work in accordance with project plans and specifications to achieve effective performance in accordance with detailed short-term programs and schedules within the designated time and budget. You will also implement site safety, quality and environment control and identify and assess potential risks, as well as manage, coordinate and direct works of Subcontractors and Direct workers activities on site.
Typical skills and Knowledge
We are looking for candidates with proven and well-rounded experience in a range of skills including:
- Coordinating the work and performance of multiple teams and subcontractors to achieve outcomes
- Providing leadership responsibility in health, safety and environment management
- Contributing to development of work methods and plan daily/weekly production work
- Building strong internal and external stakeholder management through positive, proactive and professional communication to keep key personnel informed
- Completing progress reporting, and activities, reports for shift handovers and consistent regular reporting to the Superintendent or Project Manager
- Ensuring compliance of commercial and financial costs including budgets and the implications of directions within your authority limits
- Ensuring contractual mechanisms of subcontractors
- Identifying and mitigating risks prior to works commencing, communicating with and engaging relevant stakeholders to control risk and contribute to building a risk management culture
- Maintaining effective consultation with various workers’ representatives and committees on industrial and safety subjects handling issues as they arise and referring major issues to the Project Manager
- Performing all duties in accordance with relevant policies, processes, systems and procedures
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Technical competency and understanding of rigging and logistics in a supervisory scope
- Substantial industry experience in large scale projects
- People and performance management of subcontractors, suppliers and direct labour
- Trade qualifications (preferred)
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.