|Job Type:||Full Time, Part Time|
QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, is a consulting and engineering services provider, giving independent and trusted advice to Government, Defence and Industry. Our success is founded on the industry-leading knowledge, integrity, performance and dedication of our people. Even though we are part of a global company, our offices have a very local feel; we employ more than 380 employees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Western Sydney and Melbourne.
An opportunity exists for a Commercial Officer within our Corporate division, reporting into our Canberra office.
QinetiQ is a company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to our customers' needs. In Australia, we offer engineering and management advice and services across the land, aerospace and maritime sectors. We partner with customers to provide unbiased and bespoke engineering and design solutions and support the acquisition and operation of critical capability. Supporting our work is our Corporate Services division; the oil in the QinetiQ machine.
About the role
What will a typical day look like?
You will be responsible for providing commercial support to QinetiQ’s existing customer contracts, new business opportunities and corporate needs. In this role you will have the opportunity to work across the broad spectrum of commercial activities, including contract management, estimating and pricing, procurement and subcontract management, export controls and risk management. You will also have opportunities to partner with one of our Commercial Leads to provide commercial support in the pursuit of business winning campaigns and/or programs.
As a Commercial Officer you will be responsible for:
- Administration of QinetiQ’s commercial related policies, procedures, templates and training;
- Maintenance of QinetiQ’s Contract Management System; and maintenance of other commercial registers (e.g. export control, supplier assurance, consultancy subcontract environment).
To be successful for the role of Commercial Officer, we are looking for someone who brings:
- Relevant experience working in commercial administration, or a recent Graduate within a Legal, Business or Finance related degree.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in building and maintaining stakeholder relations.
- Strong initiative and ability to engage with and influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, multi task and work under pressure.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- A collaborative and consultative mindset and approach.
If successful, you will be required to obtain an Australian Government secret clearance which will require Australian citizenship.
Due to the dynamic environment we work within, we can’t always wait until our adverts close before reviewing applications and moving to interview.
Life at QinetiQ
Our people and our culture make QinetiQ a great place to work, we value integrity, collaboration and performance.
QinetiQ is a Workplace Gender Equality Agency Employer of Choice, Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women and past winner of the Defence Teaming Centre Employer of Choice Awards.
We look after our people are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We celebrate our differences and incorporate diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Our salary and benefits package is designed to make sure we support our diverse group of employees through the different stages of their life and careers.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual professional development allocation and study leave
- Flexible working options that suit you
- Leave purchase scheme to balance what’s important to you
- Loyalty leave, earn extra days of annual leave up to an additional 10 days per year
- Performance bonus awards for individual and company success
- Salary continuance Insurance, protecting you financially during times of ill health
- Cultural or Religious day of significance leave to observe days of significance to you
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum qualifying period
- Dress for your day, no formal dress code just wear what feels good and suits your day
- Give back with an annual volunteering day
- Save money with our travel club and discounted health insurance options
- Be supported with employee assistance services and family violence leave
A full list of our employee benefits and further information can be found here: https://www.qinetiq.com/au/Careers/Benefits