- LPG Cylinder testing & filling
- Six month limited-term
- Mackay based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
This is a unique opportunity to join Origin's LPG Operations team based in the Mackay Terminal in Queensland. The Terminal Operator's primary purpose is to support the Terminal Leading Hand to drive a strong and effective Supply Chain for the supply of LPG in Mackay.
As a Terminal Operator, you will be responsible for the filling and testing of LPG cylinders. Working as part of a team environment, you will play an important role in Origin's LPG Distribution process while helping to maintain the consistent quality of service to our customers.
Your key accountabilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Act in accordance with Origin Energy Ltd Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Safe filling of LPG cylinders and tanks
- Safe operation of all terminal LPG filling, transfer and testing equipment
- Safe operator of forklift and other vehicles
- Testing of LPG cylinders meeting Origin Energy standards and ANSI standards
- Provide a great customer experience for all walk-in customers
- Previous multi drop delivery experience would be desirable.
IS THIS YOU?
- You will meet the physical requirements of the role which will include the repeated lifting of 25 kg cylinders and manoeuvre cylinders up to 85 kg.
- You will have a minimum of two years' experience in a factory, warehouse or other technical and/or operational environment. Experience in the LP Gas or Fuel industry would be highly advantageous.
- Team player with the ability to work within a small team and provide a positive contribution to the team
- A forklift licence and MR licence minimum. Dangerous Goods & HR Truck licence would be considered advantageous. Full training including all safety aspects will be provided to the successful applicant.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Mark Pamplin - 03 8627 9065, quote Requisition ID: 75073
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers