|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We are searching for a Drainage Engineer to join our Highways team to support the multiple projects that are currently being delivered and for future projects we will be working on.
Role Specific Duties:
* Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, design and document work to an industry-accepted standard by undertaking hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and calculations
* Preparing inputs into engineering reports, specifications and other supporting design documentation
* Preparing design outputs for the preparation of industry-standard design drawings
* Working with support of design managers and senior engineers to complete engineering works as required
* Working within client requirements and established industry practices
* Collaborating with other disciplines to achieve the most efficient design outcome
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering (Civil)
* 3+ years post graduate experience in drainage design of medium-large scale infrastructure projects
* Knowledge of ARR, Austroads drainage guidelines and Australian Standards applicable to drainage infrastructure essential
* High level of motivation and dedication, an appetite for fast-paced major projects, and the ability to work in a team environment and under pressure
* Experience using 12D and/or DRAINS, TUFLOW essential
* Experience using GIS (eg. MapInfo or ArcGIS), WBNM, RORB, RAFTS and HEC-RAS highly preferred
In turn you'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our global team and be a part of a great local team.
There's no time like the present to make a change
Please be advised that the successful candidate for this role will need to undertake a Police Clearance check.