|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
We have an opportunity available for a Scientist to join our Pilot Scale Operations team. This position requires a high level of technical expertise in protein purification. Working closely in a hands-on capacity with your fellow team members, you will be required to apply your strong technical skills in pilot scale manufacture of recombinant proteins for the R&D group at CSL. As a member of the pilot team, you will also be required to develop skills in the cell culture bioreactor processes for manufacture of recombinant proteins.
In your role as scientist in the Pilot Scale team you will be required to:
- Contribute to the successful completion of manufacturing campaigns
- Operate large AKTA Process chromatography skids, viral filtration and tangential flow filtration equipment.
- This role will also encompass large scale bioreactor operations (ranging in 10 -500 L single use and stainless steel).
- Prepare large scale media/buffers and pack large scale chromatography columns
- Proficient in Unicorn chromatography and familiarity in Siemens software’s
- Exhibit a demonstrated understanding of Scale up principles
- Coordinate activities relating to the planning and careful execution of manufacturing protocols
- Ensure accurate and timely data collection including documentation of manufacturing campaigns
- Actively participate in the analysis of data in conjunction with the Pilot Scale team
- Communicate ideas and results succinctly to the team in reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Electronic Laboratory Notebooks
- Ensure high safety standards
- Part of the departmental on call and weekend roster
To be successful
We’re looking for a dynamic applicant who demonstrates the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor of Science or Chemical Engineering with at least two years’ experience in a bioprocess development field. It is an advantage if you have specific skills and experience relating to large scale protein purification and bioreactor operations
- Specific experience is required relating to pilot scale manufacturing using AKTA chromatography
- Operational experience in protein purification and operation of associated equipment
- Understanding of Unicorn chromatography programming
- Skills and experience in scale up of pilot scale manufacturing processes
- Skills and experience from related process development disciplines including purification, application of bioreactor analytical techniques are also valued
- An aptitude and willingness to learn and develop a complementary skill set in cell culture, aseptic techniques and bioreactor operations
- Ability to exhibit an independent, self-motivated approach which will allow flexibility to flourish in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Innovative, pro-active and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to be both team and task orientated
- Quality focused with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in Electronic Laboratory Notebook
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Thorough understanding of and stringent compliance to GxP
- Strong understanding of scientific concepts
Applications close 21st February, 2020
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability evaluation process.