Please complete your application before 8th April, 2020. Thank you for your patience while we consider your application.
This internship is intended for students in their second year of an accredited full-time degree program in Computer Science or related technical fields, with an anticipated graduation date in 2022 or beyond. We especially encourage applications from students in underrepresented in the engineering and tech industry. For students graduating in 2021, we encourage you to apply to the Software Engineering Internship.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field of study.
- Programming experience in either Java, C++ or Python.
- Returning to a full-time Bachelor’s degree after completing the program.
- Completed or currently taking two or more Computer Science courses/modules.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Work authorization in Australia.
About the job
Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship.
The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) aims to do just that. The 12 week program offers students the opportunity to work on a software project alongside another STEP intern, with the support of full-time Googlers and a mentor. You will also attend weekly trainings to enhance your technical and professional skills.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- Complete a technical project with a team of Googlers and other STEP interns.
- Enhance your coding by using new tools and programming languages.
- Attend training sessions to build your professional skills and to help set you up for success.