|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Asia Business Operations team is part of Global Operations and focuses on order to cash lifecycle for Microsoft products and services. We build & operate complex business process engines which enables complex transaction processing. We are relentless simplifiers and hassle-breakers that focus on delivering excellent experiences, accelerating business, managing costs and ensuring compliance.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in supporting Operational/Licensing based challenges. Alongside the required credibility and competencies, the candidate will be a perfect fit for, and understand & embrace, Microsoft’s values & culture.
Operations Deal Managers are trusted advisors, focusing on pipeline management & the de-risking of deals. The team’s goal is to enable world class operational deal management throughout the customer lifecycle to give selling time back to the field, increase deal velocity and quality, offer a best in class customer experience and ensure accurate revenue recognition and compliance. Individuals performing this role are critical business partners for Microsoft licensing & sales teams, their leaders and other business stakeholders, such as Service Delivery, Deal Desk, Trade, HRDD & Credit Services.
- Serve as a trusted advisor for deal management in assigned markets
- Develop impactful relationships with Sales, Operations & other business stakeholders to deliver a best in class deal management experience to maximize revenue booked
- Collaborate with field/ subsidiary sales & licensing stakeholders to track deal statuses & arrival dates at EOC
- Provide Service Delivery with accurate deal & order volume forecasts
- Work with Credit Services to ensure adequate credit capacity to support the deal pipeline
- De-risk complex & transformational deals & remove holds by leveraging Deal Desk, Trade & Compliance teams
- Communicate expertly to align expectations with field/ subsidiary sales & licensing stakeholders when it comes to critical deals to ensure expectations are aligned (especially at month & quarter end)
- Act as the market(s) escalation point for issues related to agreement & order processing (tier 3)
- Drive process & productivity initiatives to transform deal management processes, improve engagement with stakeholders & drive productivity savings
- Minimum Bachelor degree (MBA preferred)
- 5-8 years relevant work experience in a top cloud computing organisation & knowledge of business operations
- Good understanding of Microsoft licensing or other licensing models
- Good understanding of sales excellence process
- Ability to understand data & process models, trend analysis
- Proven problem-solving abilities with the ability to manage uncertainties while handling multiple priorities, particularly when confronted with time-sensitive issues that require collaborative evaluation & resolution across team boundaries.
- Excellent presentation skills & ability to engage senior leaders
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Passion for technology, innovation and leading change – a growth mindset is essential
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership, innovation and execution management: industry knowledge to shape transformational change is preferred
- Process and project management skills and experience
- A fluent command of English proficiency in verbal & written communication
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.