|Job Type:||Full Time|
Planner Logistics – Ports and Stockpiles
About the role
We are looking for a Planner Logistics – Ports and Stockpiles to join the Brisbane Integrated Operations Centre (BIOC) to support our bauxite mining operations with efficient scheduling and execution of our ports and product stockpiles.
- 4,5,5 lifestyle roster in a Brisbane CBD location
- Work with operations and commercial teams across the bauxite supply chain
- We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits and paid parental leave entitlements
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone able to manage high complexity in a fast-paced environment calmly and professionally, and quickly analyse data for value based decisions. Reporting to the Superintendent - Dynamic Scheduling Bauxite, your core role will be:
- Scheduling the vessel movements and associated port services (tugs, pilots, linesmen) across three ports to support our marine operations teams to execute their work safely and efficiently
- Using modelling tools to develop and optimise product stockpile stacking and reclaim plans that ensure we efficiently deliver the right volume and quality for our customers, and communicating these effectively to operations to execute.
- Interfacing directly with mine operations, mine planners and commercial as part of our short interval control to ensure product grades meet the outload schedule and customer vessel presentation.
- Applying consistent application of best practices across all our operations, and identifying opportunities to improve processes and systems with a continuous improvement mindset.
You will need to be a self-starter who thrives on achieving goals, immediate feedback and continued self-improvement and can work calmly and independently under pressure.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Previous experience managing stockyards and logistics schedules in a similar bulk cargo export role
- A high level of computer literacy and excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a wide range of stakeholders spanning the supply chain of an operation, as well as external parties.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high complexity in a dynamic environment calmly and professionally
- Ability to analyse data, build options and present recommendations based on financial valuations quickly and effectively
- Passion for continuous improvement and data driven decision making
- It will also be beneficial if you have:
- A degree qualification in engineering, logistics or related field
- Mining industry supply chain experience
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.