|Job Type:||Full Time|
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Integration Architect you will lead and participate in translation of the client's business requirements to define the structures of solutions and architectures and can include systems, applications, and process components. In addition, the Architect understands client needs, works in levels of abstraction, applies industry knowledge, and leverages appropriate business elements and information technology to address those needs.
This includes working as a team member with client personnel to identify functional and non-functional requirements and subsequently working with or in some instances leading others in the identification, justification and design of the client's solution.
You will also participate in a wide range of design activities, from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification. This position requires knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures, particularly related to Service Oriented Architecture, Micro Services and IBM Integration Technologies such as IIB, MQ, DataPower and API Connect.
- Must be an Australian citizen
- Must hold at least an AGSVA Baseline security clearance, NV1 preferred
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Micro Services
- At least three years of experience architecting and solutioning
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure/Development consulting
- Proficiency in IBM Integration Technologies such as IIB, MQ, DataPower and API Connect
- Knowledge of networking systems (E.g. DNS, TCP, UDP etc)
- Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards such as OOD, SOAP, REST, Spring and AJAX
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Self-driven and detail-orientated
- Able to work collaboratively and productively with globally dispersed teams
- Able to manage ambiguity, while producing tangible results
- Able to effectively manage challenging situations without loss of focus, even while under pressure
Highly Desired Experience, Attributes and Skills:
- Eligible to obtain a higher AGSVA security clearance, eg NV1 or NV2, if required.
- Extensive experience with Federal Government
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, and cloud-based delivery models
- Extensive experience in contemporary engagement methods such as Whiteboard, workshops, hands-on demonstrations, prototyping and Proof of Concepts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.