|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is beautiful accounting software that gives small businesses and their advisors real time access to accounting information, anytime, from anywhere. Our universe revolves around our customers and our mission to make their businesses more productive.
About the Team
The Practice Growth team has one of the best challenges within Xero; to create innovative solutions, that help our amazing accountant and bookkeeping partners grow their practice.
To ensure that what we build, will be used, will be loved, and will meet our mission, we follow a "Lean Startup" mindset. We aim to discover as quickly as possible whether something will fail, or flourish, through rapid delivery and experimentation.
We are a collaborative team, that supports each other, and the teams around us. We are human, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We value quality and passionately care about our customers.
Couple this with a beautiful new office, with all the bells and whistles, it is a pretty amazing place to do the best work of your life
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to help drive the development of Xero’s Accountant and Bookkeeper product.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Design and develop beautiful software solutions as part of our cross-functional team
- Mentor and support junior development talent, and help them reach their potential
- Take ownership of problems and fix them regardless of whose fault it is
- Work closely with colleagues, to code review, and to provide insights and constructive feedback
- Prototype new solutions with real customers, test assumptions through experimentation, and decide whether we ‘pivot’ or ‘persevere’
- Rapid delivery through our CI/CD pipeline
We work in an engaging, agile environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and have fun.
As a developer here at Xero you will:
- Use your technical know-how and passion to deliver beautiful software in an agile team
- Continually be open to learning, improving, innovating and sharing your knowledge
- Help build a positive work environment where others feel confident and able to deliver great work
- Be a team player and build great working relationships with other Xeros
- Enjoy working in a lean, agile, experimental environment
- Give and receive honest constructive feedback
- Most importantly, have fun on this journey
Ideally, your technical tool-box will include following skills:
- Solid understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code and other engineering best practices
- Good knowledge of C# language and .NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC & REST/ WebAPI
- Experience working with AWS, or other cloud platforms.
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- CI/CD, using build and deploy tools to get your creations into production
- Agile / Lean software development experience