Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit ashurst.com
This role will be working closely with existing teams to understand the processes they currently undertake and helping to document and streamline those processes to standardise, realise efficiencies and where possible make them suitable for use in a centralised and shared services environment. It will include analysis, requirements elicitation, documentation and streamlining of end to end business processes relating to working practice and procedures (As-Is and To-Be) focusing on understanding and documenting the As-Is processes, capturing business requirements to inform proposed changes to processes, creating the To-Be process documentation and being part of the project team to transform the way we work globally.
A full position description including a breakdown of responsibilities
can be found attached to the role on our careers page http://careers.ashurst.com/exa/
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst working on process mapping, requirements gathering and streamlining with a proven track record of successfully implementing business process efficiencies for a global business operations function within a professional services company, ideally a law firm
- Demonstrable experience of working on complex, large-scale business transformation
- Finance transformation experience particularly around pricing, working capital management, billing and collections (order to cash)
- Understanding of order management systems / finance systems / practice management systems preferably Elite 3e.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with teams remotely in a global context
- Excellent knowledge of business process mapping methodology and disciplines
- Very proficient in use of MS Office tools (especially Visio, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Able to liaise and influence senior stakeholders within the firm
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with an ability to bring clarity to an operational environment with complex influencing factors
- Possesses strong customer mindset and a desire to deliver world-class service outcomes
Desired skills and experience
- Preferably, Business Analysis certification from a professional body such as the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) or British Computer Society (BCS)
- Preferably, experience of managing business change within a shared services environment with strong focus on standardisation and optimisation
- Strong understanding of Continuous Improvement and Project Management methodologies (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, Agile, PRINCE)
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with highly a professional global team. You will also have a range of social, sporting and health benefits available to you.