|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role,
The Associate Director Marketing, Commercial and Operations ensures the commercial success of Optus within the marketing portfolio by leading all marketing and related teams on the appointment, management and audit of our vendors and related investment that contribute to the total Advertising & Promotions operating expenditure.
An incredibly complex role, it requires an astute leader with commercial and contractual expertise, an understanding of procurement frameworks and an understanding of the nuances of managing the total marketing operating budget. This role looks after the financial and contractual management of marketing vendors, including our Creative and Media agencies, long-term partnerships (such as Optus Stadium) and our full sponsorship portfolio. Key to succeeding in this role is the ability to effectively lead employees simplifying complex contractual and commercial requirements raging from the Optus and Singtel Executive Leadership (Group CEO & CFO) right down to marketing executives executing on day to day requirements with partners.
Critical to this role is the ability to understand and lead Optus commercial strategy and processes on behalf of Marketing. The successful candidate will:
- Work with Optus Consumer Commercial leadership to forecast and overcome any commercial challenges associated with the A&P Opex.
- Lead legal negotiation and contract drafting for Vendors within Marketing, liaising with our leadership, legal and procurement teams on any contract deviations
- Lead the rigorous Singtel and Optus sourcing process for marketing, including authoring and presenting papers to our Group leadership for vendor sourcing, waivers of competition and tender appointment
- Be a highly strategic commercial leader to ensure successful delivery of Optus transformation, including major cost transformation and reduced financial risk and exposure for Optus
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership and day to day oversight of the Advertising & Promotions Opex including retainers, media investment, sponsorship investment and commercial forecasting requirements.
- Cost benchmarking: design and lead cost benchmarking across the Optus agency group. Externally benchmark existing agency resources and rate cards to ensure competitiveness of Optus contracts.
- Agency utilisation lead helping the Marketing teams to proactively manage agency retainers to ensure workload is effectively prioritised.
- Agency Relationship: Lead negotiations of new or updated agency contractual agreements. Monitor reporting and ensure all agencies are meeting their contractual obligations.
- Agency governance model: design and lead a robust governance model for our agency village, including cyclical contract audits, risk mitigation plans and action plans to address areas of concern.
- Sourcing strategy: lead marketing team on the delivery of a pipeline of sourcing initiatives (both cost reduction and value creation projects).
- Supplier sourcing negotiations: working with the Marketing team and Procurement to appoint the right suppliers for our needs.
- Contract Management: Lead team to develop and maintain a roadmap of all B&C agency agreements, expiry dates, spend limits and other key information. Identify risks and put plans in place to mitigate risks before they become a reality.
- Contract negotiations: Lead agency / vendor contracts incorporating all negotiated points, assessing risks, developing appropriate performance measures and Service Level Agreements are embedded into the contract.
- Tender Leadership: represent Marketing on all major or complex tender requirements. Present information to, and gain buy in from, senior Optus/Singtel executives including Group CEO, Group CFO and Head of Risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 10 years’ experience leading complex commercial and/or contractual budgets
- Experience working in a professional marketing or agency environment beneficial
- Thorough understanding of contract development processes
- Demonstrated ability to interrogate contract terms (commercial and legal)
- Experience managing tender and procurement processes
- Experience managing creative agency partners
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and childcare services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast-paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!