|Job Type:||Full Time|
De Martin & Gasparini provides specialist concrete pumping and placement services for commercial and high-rise developments across the industrial, residential and utility sectors. DMG's core business is the supply and placement of concrete to structures. We also have considerable experience and a proven capability to deliver complete structural frames including the formwork, post tensioning, reinforcement, scaffolding and associated concrete trade related preliminaries.
DMG have a great opportunity for driven Contracts & Commercial Administrator to be based out of their new head office in Chullora. This role will act as a highly effective, value adding business support function to the National Commercial and Strategy Manager and broader business.
The key focus will involve negotiations with clients for favourable contract terms and conditions. Additionally, the position will also serve as a key point of contact with the Boral Legal team.
This role would ideally suit a contracts administrator or paralegal looking to develop into a contracts manager.
Make this role your own and influence commercial performance by:
- Playing an integral role in the contract management function by providing comprehensive commercial/contracts advice to DMG Management;
- Providing timely and comprehensive review on a wide range of client contract terms and conditions, identifying non-favourable clauses and leading negotiations;
- Drafting and finalising contract documentation;
- Liaising with DMG stakeholders, Boral Legal and Insurance to provide advice and agree required changes to contract terms;
- Actively participating in the handover from tender to project execution;
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with Boral’s Contracts, Commitments Policies and Procedures;
- Assisting the production teams in investigating and responding to claims;
- Managing the contracts formation function with subcontractors and suppliers;
- Developing and maintaining a contract database;
- Providing support and assistance to the National Commercial and Strategy Manager in commercial related activities;
- Monitoring and reviewing subcontractors/suppliers compliance and performance.
Ideally, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Construction, Law or a relevant commercial discipline;
- Demonstrated experience performing a similar role;
- Proficiency in structuring contracts and drafting legal provisions;
- Strong level of experience and knowledge in contract law and relevant experience in contract negotiation;
- Experience in a contracting environment along with managing numerous different forms of contract
On offer will be a challenging and exciting career with a construction industry leader that provides genuine career growth opportunities. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment within an organisation dedicated to the safety of our employees.
At Boral Cement, we are proud of our diverse identity and inclusive culture. We encourage female participation and generational equality in our teams.
If you are interested in this role please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au