|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role Summary:The Commercial Controller provides technical Controllership leadership and guidance to both finance and operations leaders for a specialist area within controllership, and/or support a Controller III within a large or complex country/region/P&L.
Essential Responsibilities:Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Drive consistent and effective policies and procedures during monthly/quarterly close process including account reconciliations, account reconciliation audits, GE Corporate Data Request (DR) submissions, representation letters and adjusting entries.
- Participate in annual pre-close, quarterly CFO risk reviews and monthly controllership reviews with key operations and financial management personnel.
- Research and advise on complex technical accounting issues.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements.
- Partner with GE Corporate Audit Staff and Finance Managers for internal GE compliance reviews. Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk. Lead resulting corrective action process implementation and follow up throughout the organization.
- Perform financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes.
- Work closely with financial and operational leadership to pro-actively assess and manage financial risk.
- Drive and provide input into GE Healthcare controllership and simplification initiatives
Commercial specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the compliance activities within the controllership team, and broader finance & commercial teams including new initiatives
- Ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies, including revenue recognition processes with the commercial teams, audit processes, management of related systems & tools and policy changes
- Lead policy 5.0 & 6.0 compliance – this includes review of commercial contracts to identify non-standard contract terms, mitigate and obtain approval for legal, commercial, operational and financial exposure triggered by such terms and putting in processes to monitor these terms in a timely manner.
- Lead internal control processes including (but not limited to) know your customer & delegation of authority. Including policy design & development, systems & tools to manage processes, reporting and audits. Work with the finance & broader commercial teams to ensure compliance with control procedures
- Attend to global/Asia technical controllership requirements such as FMV calculation, return reserve analysis and RPO(remaining performance obligation) reporting.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
2. Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP, local GAAP and authoritative accounting literature (i.e. FASB pronouncements)
Desired Characteristics:1. CPA / CA or GE Corporate Audit Staff
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
3. Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
4. Sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
5. Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
6. Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
7. Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
8. Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions
9. Experience working in a matrixed environment