|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
The Optus Marketing team is responsible for driving the marketing communications that grow our prospect pool, drive demand into sales channels and convert this demand into revenue.
To achieve this, the team partners with a complex array of agencies and vendors, while moving swiftly to optimise Advertising & Promotions (A&P) budget spend in response to trading performance.
This role is key in effectively managing the wide array of agency and vendor partners, while maintaining a tight control over the A&P budget.
It requires strong Commercial acumen with the ability to deal with a significant level of complexity and granularity in tracking and maintaining an accurate budget position at all times across a large amount of campaigns and activity, along with continually shifting investment across the various portfolios.
The role requires excellent stakeholder management and contract management skills, critical in helping Optus mitigate any commercial, brand and reputational risks by proactively and promptly managing any issues.
These partners include, but are not limited to;
- Creative agencies
- Media agencies
- Media owners
- Print production specialists;
- Research and data analytics and
- Other associated marketing vendors
The role is required to navigate an intricate system of internal approvals and systems to onboard new vendors, ensure existing agreements are kept up to date and compliant, and to play a key role in running detailed tender processes that deliver the best possible outcome The ability to build effective relationships across the organisation and to influence regardless of reporting line are critical to success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and mitigating risks to the A&P budget
- The single source of truth as to budget position and for maintaining a timely view of all budget spend
- Raising purchase orders, processing invoices and reconciling and forecasting budgets in line with agreed processes
- Team cohesion across different stakeholders so that everyone is clear on their allocated spend
- Co-ordination and tracking of spend against contract funds, and forward planning of requests for additional/new contract fund requests
Agency Relationship Management:
- Proactively monitoring contractual obligations, recommending course correction if necessary and facilitating stakeholder conversations to address and remediate
- Work with Optus marketing teams to help manage and maximise agency retainers
- Drive campaign prioritisation and management of monthly retainer utilisation reviews with agencies Assisting the Senior team to negotiate & draft contracts and set performance standards for agency and vendor partners
Agency village governance model:
- Support our agencies to perform at their bestby scheduling performance reviews and identifying inputs for contractual audits, communicating the findings to relevant teams to drive action planning
Training and induction:
- Delivering ongoing training to agencies and vendors to deepen their understanding of Optus, how we operate and what are needed to achieve
- 5 years of experience working in a professional marketing, creative agency environment, or commercial role within Telco or other similar industries or large organisations
- Strong commercial acumen to manage complex budgets
- Strong stakeholder management, and interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation skills; an ability to influence without direct reporting line
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Possess a self-motivated and flexible approach to work
- Demonstrate and display a high professional standard and work ethic
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and childcare services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast-paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!