Urban Utilities’ (UU) Geographic Information System (GIS) is a core foundation information system supporting UU to provide sewer and water services to customers within the Brisbane City Council, Ipswich City Council, Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Scenic Rim Regional Councils. In this service area UU manages some 18,000 kilometres of sewer and water mains.
The Senior GIS Analyst will support the enterprise GIS and also manage GIS enhancement projects. This will be including collecting business requirements, curating a backlog and collaborating with vendors and business units to deliver successful business outcomes. This position will have a significant role in supporting the GIS components of our Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS), one of UU’s current key transformation projects.
The role requires regular customer support and engagement activities to ensure a good customer experience and outcomes.
The role requires the following skills and abilities:
- Highly developed skills in using enterprise GIS applications including ArcGIS (ArcFM, Oracle, and MSSQL SDE) Geocortex, ArcGIS Online and FME.
- Strong written and oral communication skills at an advanced level (including the ability to document business processes, make recommendations, provide training and influence both business and technical people).
- Well-developed geospatial analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience (5+years) in geographical information system development, management and governance.
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in Geographical information systems software
- Substantial experience in the development, delivery and provision of geospatial products and services
- Substantial experience in critically analysing business processes and recommending improvements.
- Working within a team environment to deliver geospatial products and services within a complex organisational setting.
- Extensive experience in building and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues, vendors and clients in order to achieve desired business outcomes.
The preferred applicant will possess tertiary qualifications in a geospatial related discipline, or significant (5+ years) industry experience. Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute’s (SSSI) GISP-AP certification is also favourable.
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits – from flexible working arrangements to support work life balance, career development opportunities, generous maternity and paternity leave – just to name a few. If you’re interested in joining a great team in a forward-thinking organisation, gaining exposure to a range of leading-edge technologies and being part of a team that’s committed to excellence, apply now!
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you. This role is being offered on a 12 month Contract. Applications close Friday 21st February 2020.
For queries about this role contact the Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com