|Job Type:||Full Time|
An Australian start-up success story we're quietly proud of.
From a garage in Melbourne to the global stage is an achievement we're humbled by. Our idea to put pictures of houses on the internet has blossomed since 1995, and we now have businesses across Australia, Asia, India and North America.
Our purpose is to change the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help on every step - whether that's buying, selling, renting or renovating.
Some of our brands include realestate.com.au, realcommercial.com.au, spacely.com.au, and Flatmates.com.au.
What we're doing
With us, you'll experience Growth. The Data Services Tribe supports and develops data flows, data storage and property data insights which underpin REA's revenue and product growth.
The Data Platform squad is responsible for the core infrastructure and tooling that enables teams across the business to leverage REA data. This spans everything from managing our Google BigQuery data warehouse and Apache Airflow job orchestration service, supporting data ETLs, enabling visualisations and dashboards, integrating data cataloguing and discovery tools, to supporting data scientists with environments for training and deploying AI/ML models.
As a Developer you will support the Data Platform team in the following ways:
- Designing, coding, testing, and deploying new data management tools and systems
- Supporting a robust platform for the business by building monitoring and observability, resiliency, and scalability into all our tools and systems
- Support data processes -provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state our data
- Identify, track, and remediate data quality issues as well as perform exception handling across a broad variety of data sets
- Analyse and produce data coverage and quality statistics across internal and external data sets to provide a high level of awareness across multiple teams
- Following agile software development practices such as test-driven development, continuous delivery and pair programming.
Who we're looking for:
- Someone with strong programming skills. Our systems are primarily written in Python, so Python experience is a plus, but if you're experienced in another language, we're happy for you to learn Python on the job.
- Experience with devops tools and techniques, particularly AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform, GCP, and Docker
- Some exposure to data management, warehousing, ETL, data quality, data visualisation, etc. is a plus
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders
- Ability to work productively and autonomously in a fast paced environment
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we'll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We're committed to your development - both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- Onsite health and wellbeing programs, including yoga and meditation classes, and weekly massages
- Because We Care program which includes volunteer leave and community grants, to ensure you have the opportunity to give back to your community
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- An additional day of leave just for your birthday
- A flexible working environment meaning we strike the balance of what you need and what works for the business (and yes, our leaders fully understand the flexible working policy)
- Industry leading gender-neutral parental leave
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should apply today. While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a bit more through our various social channels.