|Job Type:||Part Time|
Cyber Security Analyst
- Flexible working options
- Free on-site gym
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about.
TAL needs people who represent our diverse Australian community. People who embrace our spirit and inspire confidence in their colleagues, customers and community. People who are passionate about making the most of the choices and options we provide. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart.
About the Opportunity
A structured for a Junior/Graduate Security Analyst to join our Cyber Security team. The candidate will be reporting into the Cyber Security Manager and will be provided with on-the-job training and mentoring. The candidate will learn how to discover and investigate threats, and configure, manage, test and verify security controls.
We are looking for someone with a foundational technical understanding around networking, and operating systems. An interest in the field of Cyber Security is essential - whether you have completed a related degree, researched vulnerabilities, played around with Offensive Security tools in your spare time or started going to Security meet ups.
Although this role is an entry level role, the incumbent will be responsible for managing important tasks and projects.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Coordinates cyber security projects in conjunction with Cyber Security Manager and/or business sponsor including liaising with stakeholders from across the business.
- Conducts research to assist in projects and other initiatives, taking an active interest in market and industry trends and how these could be used to help challenge thinking to be more innovatively.
- Conducts required analysis for the team and/or business area and provides relevant recommendations.
- Builds collaborative partnerships with team members, other colleagues and external contacts (as and when required).
- Communicates positively and openly with colleagues, customers and partners. Informs with timeliness whilst setting context.
- Preparing and presenting basic technical reports, analyses and documents.
- Utilising a variety of standard methodologies and techniques in solving basic technical problems.
- Develops strong knowledge of the business, its policies, practices and procedures and knows how to correctly apply these.
- Ensures any required training and development is undertaken in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and strong academic track record.
- A well-rounded background with experience across community and/or extra-curricular activities.
- A curious mind and a willingness to learn.
- Leadership qualities developed through university, work experience and/or extra-curricular activities.
- Initiative and drive, and able to work both independently and in a team.
- Research skills acquired at University.
- Developing communication, organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- General understanding of network topologies and TCP/IP services/networks.
- Have used basic security and access control tools.
- Basic understanding of encryption technologies and algorithms.
- Have passion to code and develop scripts.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We want our employees to work in ways that suits their life and the nature of their role, so they feel able to meet their work life commitments and support their wellbeing. Everyone’s welcome to work for us – regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with.
We know it’s the people we work with and experiences we share that make work meaningful and fulfilling, and we’d love for you to be part of it.
You don’t have to be an artist, adventurer, doer or dreamer, but it really helps.
If you would like to apply or refer a friend please click on the relevant button below and follow the instructions.