|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you have experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence?
- Work with world class researchers to solve the world’s biggest challenges
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation.
The Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Future Science Platform (MLAI FSP) will build an exciting new research portfolio to leverage CSIRO’s deep domain expertise and experience. As a member of the Platform team, you will work with top CSIRO scientists and engineers to develop new machine learning and artificial intelligence methods with a specific emphasis on solving significant science questions. Together we will build the next generation of science tools using high performance computing infrastructure and cloud technologies to underpin the next generation of Australian science.
You will sit within the Constraints activity area within the MLAI FSP, which investigates MLAI models with design constraints, for example scalability, uncertainty propagation and privacy. The role has two main potential implementations which are not necessarily exclusive: design of new ML algorithms that are privacy compliant, and analysis of the privacy leakage of ML algorithms.
- Investigating, designing and evaluating formally new ML algorithms for secure learning and/or the potential leakage of the state of the art with fixes.
- Implementing methods efficiently using programing tools such as R or Python.
- Carrying out evaluation of the developed software to demonstrate its competitiveness and fitness for purpose. Taking responsibility for functionality, performance and robustness.
- Carring out high impact research of strategic importance to CSIRO, with the aim of achieving innovative and wide-reaching scientific outcomes and ideas for further research.
Location: Eveleigh, Sydney
Salary: AU$83k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a Platform-relevant discipline area, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer science, statistics, privacy/crypto or applied mathematics.
- Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Solid fundamental and applied knowledge of machine learning and statistics or privacy
- Demonstrated ability to understand and develop mathematically-founded machine learning algorithms and their development in toolkits.
- High level computational and programming skills (in Python, R, or C++) to build machine learning models and conduct analyses.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively represent the research team internally and externally, including publishing in peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, and presenting at national and/or international conferences.
- A record of science innovation and creativity, including the ability & willingness to incorporate novel ideas and approaches into scientific investigations, preferably across diverse and inclusive teams.
For more information about this role please view the Position Description.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirments of this role.
Sunday, 8th March 2020 at 11.59pm AEST